The movie night

Elijah chuckled as you proposed the idea to him. "You want my family to go with you, to watch movies?" He asked for the second time in the few seconds it took him to cross the room.

"My mother has insisted and she even got my sister to drive down with all of her... kids. Same with my brother." You said, sounding a little strained.

"Is it the sister or the brother that pops out small demons?" Klaus asked with a laugh as he strolled past.

"My sister. Also... Urm. Kol was specifically requested because the kids liked him so much last time and they were very insistent." You added awkwardly. You jumped when you turned to find Kol had taken a seat with Elijah and was looking irritated.

"I won't go. Those kids are frightning." Kol grumbled with a shudder.

"Won't go where?" Hayley asked as she wandered through the halls looking for Klaus to hand Hope off to.

"Family movie night now includes vampires." You sighed and walked over to greet Hope.

"Hopefully they'll come with batteries or your family will be a snack. Jackson has a meeting with the wolves but i'll come. If that's alright, it'd do Hope good to play with other kids." She asked. You nodded and smiled awkwardly as Kol hurried to tell her the horrors of the last time you'd both run into your family and he'd been coerced into going.

"Well at least Rebekah and Freya are spared. They went food shopping this morning." YOu hummed as you sat beside Elijah.

"You and Kol are more nervous about going to your parents than offending Klaus." He teased as you learnt into him.

"Of course, Klaus isn't very subtle and you can usually predict what he'll do... my parents, not so much." You explained, jumping when Klaus agreed from behind you.

********************************

"Rebekah!" You gasped as she opened the door for you. She yanked you in a little too hard and you stumbled.

"She cornered us at the store. She wouldn't leave us alone until we agreed to come. She even got Davina and Marcel!" Rebekah hissed, glancing up as Kol passed through but no one else. "Come in then."

"You know Freya (Y/N) has told me a bit about your family but she never seems to mention you." Your mother was saying as you followed Rebekah to where they'd been making finger food.

"Freya just popped up from studying and needed a lot of... um." You muttered and trailed off as you glanced at Hayley and Rebekah.

"Rest, she needed a lot of rest because the studying was very draining and so..." Rebekah trailed off and Hayley took a turn.

"She hasn't spent much time with us. We understand completely and can't wait for her to be fully rested so we can get to know each other." Hayley smiled awkwardly while you glanced back to the living room to see Klaus holding Hope above a throng of boisterous children.

"Yeah, that'll stick." You muttered as Freya began talking about studying history and traveling which seemed to appease the noisiness of your mother and sister. "Why can't all families be like yours, nice and nor.... I forgot myself for a minute."

Elijah chuckled and gently put a hand on your waist until your sister set her eyes on him and demanded to be introduced. While he was pulled away Davina tugged you to help untangle Kol from a toy that he'd been caught up in.

"Honestly Kol, after a thousand years you'd think you could figure this out yourself." You huffed and laughed with Davina when he growled out something about playing human.

****************************************

"When they're quiet your family is quite... nice." Elijah muttered to you.

"You say that as if you like being here." You whispered back to him. "There's places you'd rather be."

Glancing around you could see everyone was engrossed in the movie. Klaus was discussing the reality of it with Marcel. Kol and Davina were making out behind the sofa and Freya, Hayley and Rebekah were huddled up on the smallest seat that would take them so that your sister would stop trying to squish in and talk over the film or prod Hope.

"I would thoroughly enjoy ravishing you at home but we agreed to come." He mumbled. When you began to fidget he continued, whispering so low it felt like he was sending the words straight from his mind.

"Elijah needs the bathroom, I'll show him." You said suddenly and dragged him upstairs.

Once you reached the bathroom you yanked him in, fumbling to undo his belt. "Such little words to make you behave like this. Have I not been paying you enough attention." He teased. You growled a little under your breath as you pulled him in for a kiss and his whole demeanour changed. "Clearly not." He muttered as he hoisted you onto the sink.