Chapter 5

Brenner and I walked inside the castle and up the stairs. I should find her daughter Lila. I want her to know thst she is safe. I will not be the one to tell her that her mother is dead. Maybe that should be me instead of one if the guards or even Alston. Yes I must be the one to tell her.

"Brenner. I need to walk around the castle for a minute."

"Are you sure? Do you feel alright?"

"Yes I feel fine I just need to think."

"Alright. I will see you at breakfast." I nodded and he kissed my cheek. He walked up the stairs probably back to my room. I watched him as he disappeared down the hallway. I turned and ran down the stairs. I pulled my robe tighter around my body.

"Make sure she stays in her room. I don't want her messing around with the serfs. Who knows what would happen." I heard Alston coming down the hallway. I quickly ran down the hallway in the opposite direction.

I ran past the entrance. I retraced my steps back to the front doors. I'm just going to check. I quietly went and cracked the door open. I peeked out the door. I saw the gate closed. The woman was gone and so was Cy. I hope Mavis did help him into the castle to have him looked at by the doctor.

I shut the door and took off agian to the servants area of the castle.

"Good morning Ellie."

"Good morning Ellie." Everyone must be up now. I stopped running. I continued to walk towards the servants area.

"Good morning my lady." I heard an unfamiliar voice say, yet in a familiar accent. I saw a young man standing to the left of me.

"Good morning to you. What is your name?"

"Keelan."

"That's a nice name." I began to walk away when it hit me. Keelan. KEELAN! "Wait come back!" I said down the hallway.

"Yes my lady."

"Did you say your name is Keelan?"

"Yes it is." I pulled him in for a hug. "I found him I promised you I would."

"What my lady?"

"Oh. I met a friend of yours. I know what happened. Trust me your safe here."

"My lady?"

"No need to call me that. Call me Ellie. Every here does and your no different."

"Who did you meet?"

"Cy. He is so sweet. He's in with the doctor right now I believe. The guards beat him after he tried to save a woman. I believe her name was Malian."

"No. No. What happened to her?"

"Yes. She is my mother. Please don't tell Cy."

"How are you? Cy said that you were both captured in battle."

"I would rather not talk of it here."

"Ok. Well come to my room after dinner and we can talk."

"Yes my lady."

"Are you from Ireland like Cy?" I asked him.

"No. I picked up on the accent. Its natural to me now since I have lived in Cy's father's manor. Practically everyone there is from Ireland."

"KEELAN!" I heard someone call down the hall. I turned to see who it was. Mavis. He seemed to pop up every where.

"Yes. Training is starting. Get out to the training grounds now!"