Chapter 6

"Windrixville? Why did you send them to an abandoned church in Windrixville?"

"That was a place the police wouldn't be able to find them at and it has drinking water"

"This whole time you knew and you couldn't tell us"

"I did it to protect them! They were scared, especially Johnny. It wasn't his fault that damn Soc is dead. He did what he had to do. Johnny can't go to jail, no way. He's too fragile."

I didn't say anything because I knew I would've done the same thing. I can already imagine the boys at Buck's door, scared out of their minds. I shook at the thought of it.

"Thank you"

Dallas had a confused look on his face.

"For what?"

"Well one, for protecting Johnny and Ponyboy and two, for telling me where they are and taking me to them"

Dallas smiled and said

"Yeah...you're welcome Cry Baby"

I lightly punched him and giggled.

"Idiot" I said

Were me and Dallas actually laughing together? We usually laugh at each other not with. Okay, I need stop.

"Hey, how long is it going to take us to get there anyway?" I asked

"A couple of hours, we'll make a few stops if you want"

"Yeah, okay. Sounds good"

There was some awkward silence so I put the radio on. Elvis's Jailhouse Rock was playing. I started to sing along to the song and I got so into it that I forgot Dallas was right there.

"I didn't know you can sing"

"I didn't know you can be nice but looks like we learn something new everyday"

Dallas chuckled and looked ahead at the road.

"Number forty-seven said to number three, You're the cutest jailbird I ever did see I sure would be delighted with your company COME ON AND DO THE JAILHOUSE ROCK WITH ME! Let's rock haha! Come on Dallas, sing along with me" I said dancing to the music

"No, I don't sing"

"Come oooonnn, just try for me"

"I'm still not singing"

"You're no fun" I said sticking out my tongue at him

I stared up at Dallas and just watched him drive