5-I'll Only Confide To You

Alice's P.O.V:
"So did you have any brothers and sisters or were you an only child?" Peers looked at me with that shy smile of his. "I'm an only child, what about you?" I must've made a face because he immediately apologized, but I wanted to talk about my family. "I had a little brother and sister. They were identical twins and and were sweeter than an angel until they died." Peers gave me a look of sympathy. "I'm sorry Alice, I didn't know." I shook my head. "It's okay. I want to ask you something that's personal." Peers sat up straight and a blush appeared on his face. "Oh no it isn't something bad. It's just that I want to know how it felt, when you became one of them." Peers took a deep breath and a second passed by. "It... it was... it was weird. I was bitten and grew sick. In just a few hours I became cold and I feel asleep. When I woke up I was one of the returned. That was a scary first month, I couldn't think or speak or do anything except..." Why did he stop? "Except what Peers?" He looked so sad and regretful, he gave me a guilty look. "The only thing I could do was eat and kill! I-I just couldn't control myself, not until the second month at least. After the second month I only ate off of the people who were already dead and tried to go back to people but they were afraid of me and ran. This continued for almost a year, me being alone, but then I met you." He smiled softly and looked into my eyes. "It was a sad life, a life I don't want you having. Despite the fact that you spoke to me for five days learning what foods and colors I liked, learning my thoughts and beliefs you still ran away from me when you found out what I was." I started twiddling my thumbs as he let me sink that thought in and a curious expression crossed through his face. "I have a personal question for you now. Why do you call the people who've returned "them?" When you found out I have returned from the virus's effect you asked me if I was really one of them. " I stopped twiddling my thumbs. Can't say I was expecting him to ask me that question. If I tell him the memories will come back, but I have to tell someone so why not him? I mean, it must've been hard for him to tell me about his origins of becoming them. "I call them, well them, because they are the reason why my brother and sister are gone, they are the reason I was alone." Peers shook his head realizing why I was so distressed when he asked about my siblings. "Alice I'm sorry. You don't have to-" I quickly cut him off. I started and I'm going to end it. "No I have to, I want to, I need to tell you. I was twelve years old, my brother Chris and my sister Julia, were only eight years old. The virus had been out for about four years now and we were just trying to survive like everyone else. Late that night I woke up to a gun shot, then I heard screaming. I ran down the stairs to find my mom dead and my dad being eaten, the gun still in his hand. I heard crying and the zombie must have heard it too. He raised his head and went towards the closet opening it. My little brother and sister were in there hugging each other crying, scared for their life." I was crying heavily and Peers was trying to calm me down but I didn't notice, I was too deep in the memories. "I couldn't move or even yell. I was too scared to do anything. I saw that monster kill and eat them and I didn't do a thing. I didn't do anything until it noticed me, but you know what I did? I ran, right out of that house and I've been running ever since." By now I stopped being so hysterical and calmed down. "I had to survive by myself all alone because of him. I will never forget him, he had one eye missing and his hair was silver. I was really lonely, and then I met you." I looked into his eyes, those endless brown eyes that drown me. My own eyes seemed to get very heavy and I softly said, "I love you Peers."

Peers' P.O.V:
"I love you too." I held on to Alice for a long time, even after she fell asleep I held on to her. Her story explained so much to me, how she was so sad to find out that I was one of them, but I'm becoming normal again. I'm not going to stay as a returned because when I die, the correct way, I want to be human. I want to grow old with Alice. My stomach rumbled and I realized I haven't eaten all day! Brains taste nasty to me now, I wonder if I could eat normal food. Oh well, I better be able to if I'm going to make my dream come true. I got up to make some food, an old favorite, spaghetti and meatballs. This is when I truly knew that I could taste again, this is when I thought that my dream with Alice could come true.

3rd P.O.V:
After eating the spaghetti Peers went to go to sleep with Alice. The next morning they decided to go for a morning walk through the city. Alice had never bothered to do something enjoyable because her main objective was to survive not to enjoy the scenery. Peers on the other hand saw that the scenery looked better than ever, another new thing. Not only had his eyesight gotten better but he had also been taking morning walks alone for a long time and he's finding out that he likes it better with company. "You wanna know something that I haven't done in a long time?" Alice asked Peers. "I haven't been to the mall to shop in forever. We should go there to look around. I mean, Sunday mornings are slow since everyone's at church so there won't be any waiting lines for anything." Peers had to laugh at that and said that she was right. When they got there Alice went to check the clothes and Peers waited at the food court. It just so happened that a certain Texan wanted to go to the same place.

Helloooo my lovelies!♪ I'm super duper happy and I don't know why. Probably because I finished chapter 5 and is on my way towards 6. I know that I've never asked you this before but what do you think is going to happen in the chapter? Comment and let me know.

Word Count: 1174