Hate Is A Strong Word!

I shakily grabbed Bo's hand as we walked down the pavement. I did not walk to speak of what just happened. We buried our child. We... buried our child. My cheeks were stained with teartracks and Bo's eyes were red and puffy. He stopped as we came to the front of our house and squeezed my hand tighter. I looked into his eyes.

"I want to move." He said. "This house contains too many bad memories.. I can't even go inside right now."

I shook my head, still unable to speak. He slowly nodded his head and sat down on the front steps. I continued standing, watching him play with his hands in boredom. He looked so sad but so contained. I could never figure that boy out...

"Can we go to a hotel?" I finally spoke up, my voice small and squeaky from all the crying.

Bo took note of my small voice. "Of course."

I brushed my hair behind my ear and sighed. He sprawled his long legs across the stairs and looked up at the sky. I sighed and sat next to him. He looked down at the ground now, biting his corner lip. I reached for his hand but he quickly grabbed it away. Bo stood up, clutching his keys from his pocket.

"Which hotel?" He asked abruptly.

I jumped up. "I-I don't care."

"Ok then let's go..." He said under his breath.

Bo walked to the car leaving me at the stairs. What's his problem? I pulled my hoodie over my head and slowly made my way to the car. Clearly my pace annoyed him because he groaned loudly.

"Jenna, please." He snapped.

I squinted my eyes at him but refrained from snapping back. Clearly, he was dealing with this in his own way. Not the best way, but everybody has their reasons. I buckled my seatbelt in quickly as he started the car. I looked out of the window as we backed out.

"Bo, can yo-" I started.

"Jenna, shut up, I'm trying to drive." Bo stated.

"Excuse me?" I snapped. "Shut up?"

"Jenna." He stated roughly. He was pissed. "Stop."

"Bo, just drive to the damn hotel so I can sleep."

"Yes- because it's all about you." He growled.

"What the hell does that mean!" I yelled.

"...Sorry." He said softly. "I... I'm sorry."

I sighed and looked at my shoes. "Me too."

"It's just... What the hell! Everything is effed up so bad!"

"I know.. Just calm down." I said.

"No, Jenna, we just buried our dead child! Don't tell my ass to calm down! We have had nothing but bad luck since we moved into this damn house. What did we ever do? Nobody deserves this!"

I gulped quietly. "..Bo."

"Oh, and you had the baby without alerting me! Don't think I forgot that part! Why don't we just bury our relationship as well?"

"Bo!" I screamed. "Stop it!"

"I'm done!" He yelled, parking the car.

He threw open the car door and stomped out.

"So this is what you're going to to do every time it gets rough?"

"Jenna, shut the hell up." He said coldly.

I was taken back by his harsh words, and tone. I got out of the car, slamming my door, hard. He jumped slightly by this.

"I am not sharing a room with you." I stated.

He seemed hurt but quickly shrugged it off. "Fine."

"Fine?" I asked. "That's all you got?"

That's all I have to say." Bo said.

"I just really want everything to be normal again."

"Me too." He said nonchalantly. "But it won't ever be."

"Bo, just.... cmon." I said, pointing to the hotel.

"No, I'm not coming." He stated. "I'll find my own place to sleep."

Tears formed in my eyes. "Yeah? Well, don't bother coming back!"

"I won't!" He yelled at me.

"Good!" I screamed. "I hate you!"

"Don't ever talk to me again." He said, barely audible.

"I don't ever want to." I grunted back. "Leave."

"Don't call me when you got nowhere to stay."

"Why the hell would I call you? I hate you, Bo Burnham!"

"I hate you too Jennifer Douglass!" He screamed, slamming the car door.

"Don't come back!" I yelled as he sped down the road.

I stomped to the hotel and signed in. Once I got my key I ran to my room, tears crashing down my face. I don't need him. Wait- am I an idiot?! Of course I need him! But it's too late for that. I messed up big time. I don't think we'll ever bounce back after this...