Saving Sasori

It took me a few days to get to the base. Because my chakra channel itself to my wings, I had to take breaks. I learned that the hard way when Sasori was training me and I was falling in the air. Luckily, Sasori caught me while saying, "I told you so."

When Isuke and I arrived at the Akatsuki base, I used the jutsu Sasori taught me to open the entrance. "Sasori, are you here?" I asked as I walked into the base. I noticed two people standing on a statue's fingertips while somebody in the middle was having something extract from them.

Gaara! "Miu, what are you doing here?" One of the members said. "I could ask you the same thing, Sasori." I said. "How'd you know it was me? Even when I'm in this body, you can tell?" Sasori asked. "No," I shook my head.

"I knew because you're the only person whose mind I can't read, other than Orochimaru's." I stated. "Princess might smarter than you are, Sasori of the Red Sand." Isuke said. "Isuke, don't insult him." I said.

Whatever was being extracted from Gaara stopped and he fell to the ground. "Gaara!" I ran over to him and was by his side, checking his pulse. "He's... dead." I whispered. "What did you do?" I said to Sasori.

"Our job, yeah." Deidara answered. I looked at the statue, noticing an eye appeared. I have no idea what that is, but whatever it did, it killed Gaara. "Why... would you do this, Sasori? Why did you kill my friend?" I asked as my hand clenched into a fist.

He didn't say anything as he just stared at me. When I was about to yell at him, the entrance of the base burst. I created a shield as the rock pebbles from the explosion bounced off it.

"Miu-chan? What are you doing here?" Naruto asked. "Uh..." I trailed off, unsure what to say. I knew for a fact everyone was gonna start fighting each other. It's only a matter of time.

After Naruto saw Gaara's body, well... I guess you guys already know what happened.

Deidara took off with Gaara's corpse with Kakashi and Naruto following him while Sakura and some old woman. "Miu, who's side are you on? Your cousin's or the Leaf?" Sasori demanded. "Cousin?" Sakura repeated.

"Princess, there's no point in trying to make up an excuse now. You have to tell them." Isuke said. I sighed. He's right. I can't keep up this secret anymore. I was about to speak, until everyone started attacking.

I jumped out of the way to get to higher ground. "We have to stop them!" Isuke said. "Yeah, I know." I said.

I stayed out of the fight for a bit until Sasori revealed himself. "OK, this needs to end." I said. I jumped down and got in between Sakura and Sasori. "Miu, get out of the way!" Sakura ordered. "I can't do that, Sakura." I said.

"This man I stand in front of... This man I want to protect... is my cousin." I confessed. "Say what?!"

"Miu... As in, Miu Shimizu?" The old woman asked. "Yes. How do you know my name?" I asked. "Because that's your grandmother. Granny Chiyo." Sasori said. I gasped. This... is Granny Chiyo? "I've always wanted to meet you, Granny Chiyo." I said with a smile.

Tears began to form at the brim of my eyes. "So, what's going to happen now, Princess?" Isuke asked. I was about to answer until Sakura spoke up. "This is a trick, isn't it?" She demanded. "What? No, it's not a trick. This is really my cousin." I insisted.

"Liar! You're only saying that just to keep us from doing our job!" Sakura snapped. "Sakura, please believe me! This really is my cousin!" I said, trying to reason with her. "Sorry to do this, Miu." Sasori said from behind me.

I gasped when he hit the back of my neck and I fell to the ground. I turned my head slightly as I was quickly losing consciousness. "Sasori... Why?" I whispered as my eyes started to close. "Because I want..."

I didn't hear the rest of his sentence as I blacked out.

(Time skip)

"Princess, wake up!" I opened my eyes slightly as I heard the sounds of crashing and pounding. I gasped and quickly sat up. "Sasori! Damn it!" I hit the ground before running outside the base. When I got outside, I saw two puppets going at Sasori with two swords.

"No!" I yelled. I roughly shoved Sasori out of the way as I took the hit for him. I gasped when the two swords shoved through my chest. "Miu!"

I coughed a little as blood trickled down my chin. "Looks like those swords... were poisoned... right, Granny Chiyo?" I asked with a weak smile. I fell on my knees and fell forward, but someone caught me.

"Sakura..?" I whispered. "You idiot! Why would you do that?!" She yelled at me. "Sasori... is my family. I can't... let my loved ones... die..." I said as I slowly closed my eyes. "No! Miu, keep your eyes open!" Sakura said.

"But... I'm so tired..." I whispered. I opened my eyes again, but everything was blurry. "At least now... I can die with a smile... I'm sure... that's what Lord Hokage... would've wanted." I said before closing my eyes again.

"No! That's not what the Hokage would've wanted!" I heard Sakura say.

Sasori's POV

"She's right, Miu. That's not what the Hokage would've wanted. He would want you to live." I said before kneeling down. I took out an antidote for the poison that's coursing through Mie's veins.

I took the swords out of Miu's chest. "Miu, stay with me." I said as I poured the antidote down her throat. "Why are you helping her? Is this some kind of trick?" Sakura demanded. "Why would I let my cousin die? I love her. Miu has never given up on me and always had faith in me. That's why I'm not giving on her." I said as I picked up Miu's body.

Her wounds began to heal themselves, telling me the antidote was taking its course. "So, then... Miu wasn't lying when she said you were her cousin?" Sakura asked. "No, she wasn't lying." I confirmed. I looked over at Granny Chiyo before walking towards the exit of the base.

"Miu, you idiot. Why risk your life for me? For a puppet?" I asked as I looked at her. Of course, I wasn't expecting her to answer. "A heart as pure as snow and kind as an angel. You truly are something else." I said. The antidote was working. All Miu needed now is rest.

(Time skip) Miu's POV

I opened my eyes slightly as I saw sunlight. "Miu," I turned my head. "Sasori!" I wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him. "Thank goodness, you're all right!" I cheered. "I could say the same thing about you." He said with a small smile.

"Wait, where am I?" I asked. "We're just outside the Sand Village." Sasori answered. "Greetings, Princess. I'm so glad you're all right." Isuke said, happily. I smiled at him. "Where's Granny Chiyo?" I asked. Sasori answered as he looked off to the side.

I followed his gaze and saw Granny Chiyo being held by Sakura. I got up and went over to them. "Granny Chiyo?" I said, softly. Sakura looked at me and shook her head. I gasped, knowing what that meant.

"No... No, she can't be..." I trailed off as I fell to my knees and hugged my dead grandmother. "Granny Chiyo gave up her own life to save Gaara." Naruto informed, sadly. I sniffled. "I finally got to meet you... All I ever wanted was to meet you in person... I'm so sorry, Granny Chiyo..." I whispered as I began to cry.

I felt like this was my fault. If I had just told the truth about my cousin in the first place, this probably wouldn't have happened. Maybe my grandmother might still be alive... if I had just confessed.

After burying Granny Chiyo, Team 7 and Team Guy walked back to the Leaf Village as Sasori walked beside me and as Isuke stood on my shoulders. "Miu, are you sure it's a good idea to let this guy tag along with us?" Naruto asked.

"Yes. I trust Sasori. He won't do anything while he's here. Right, Sasori?" I said. "Right." He agreed with a nod. Naruto and Kakashi looked at each other before shrugging. 

"Kakashi-sensei, I'll catch up with you guys in a little bit. Sasori, Isuke, you and I have somewhere to go." I said. "We do?" They asked at the same time. "Yes. I'll see you guys at the Leaf." I said before taking Sasori to a different direction.

"Where are we going, Miu?" Sasori asked. "Oh, just to a small town. I need to pick up someone." I answered. "Who? And what kind of town?" Isuke asked. "To Shinaku. There's someone there that I made a promise to."