Happy Ending

Miu's POV

"So, what happens now?" I asked Sasuke. We sat near a lake as Sasuke had me sitting on his lap. "I've been thinking... Maybe I should forget about this revenge thing." Sasuke said. Did I just hear that right?

"Come again?" I asked Sasuke. "Miu, I know you met Itachi three years ago. Please tell me why he did it. Why did my brother kill my family, my parents?" Sasuke asked. I hesitated. Should I tell him? Is it the right thing to do? But it's none of my business.

I have nothing to do with it. But I also want Itachi to stay alive. I sighed, biting the bullet on this one.

I told Sasuke everything, from beginning to end. I told him the whole story that Itachi told me when I asked him about his life.

When I was finished explaining, Sasuke stayed quiet for a long time as he held me against him.

After some time later, Sasuke began to kiss my cheek, slowly trailing his lips down my neck. "S-Sasuke?" I asked, blushing madly. "If that's the reason, then I see no point in killing Itachi anymore. It's not his fault." Sasuke said.

I smiled because I was happy Itachi was going to live. "I have to go." I said, standing to my feet. "To where?" Sasuke asked, standing up as well. "Back home. Back to the Leaf." I said. "I'm coming with you." He said.

I turned to look at him. "Say what?" I asked. "I'm coming with you." He repeated. "So am I." I gasped when Itachi appeared behind us. "Itachi." I said in realization. Itachi looked at me before moving his gaze to his younger brother.

"So, now you know everything." Itachi said. "Itachi, I'm so sorry. But it was the only way to keep you alive." I said. "It's okay, Miu. I'm not mad at you. Thank you for telling Sasuke the truth." Itachi said with a smile as he gently petted my head.

Itachi looked back at Sasuke. "What are you doing here?" Sasuke asked, frowning. "I was on a mission and I saw Miu running. I wanted to see what was wrong with her. But now, seeing my brother with his beloved, it makes me think about a few things." Itachi said.

"Like what?" I asked. Itachi turned away from us, making me raise a brow in confusion. "I'm leaving Akatsuki." He said. Sasuke and I shared the same shocked expression. "Then, where will you go?" Sasuke asked.

"I don't know. I guess... somewhere where Akatsuki won't find me." Itachi said. "I don't think that'll be necessary." I said. Itachi turned his head, glancing at me. "Come with us, Itachi. You can live me. My house is big enough for one more guest. I'll explain to Lady Tsunade about the whole thing and you'll be innocent. You, too, Sasuke." I said.

Itachi fully faced me as a smile was plastered on his face. "That's very generous of you, Miu. You truly are a kind shinobi." He commented. I smiled back a soft smile. "So, what happens now?" Sasuke asked.

"I know." I said, summoning the Book of Trickery. I flipped the right page and began to read a spell. "Mortos Guella... Evagen Qual Nitora."

A fake corpse of Itachi appeared in front of me as fake blood ran down the corners of his mouth. "The fake corpse will be found by one of the members of Akatsuki. Once they do, they'll confirm your death." I explained, making the book return to its place.

Itachi smiled at me. "Thank you, Miu."

I smiled back.

We headed back to the Leaf Village and immediately went to the Hokage House. When Lady Tsunde saw Itachi and Sasuke, she couldn't believe her eyes. "Miu, you better have a good explanation for this." She said.

"Trust me, I do." I said. I started explaining the story from beginning to end. "Lady Tsunade, with your permission, I'd like Sasuke Uchiha and Itachi Uchiha to be welcomed back into the village and be treated as citizens. If there's any way for you to gain their trust, they will do whatever it takes," I looked at Sasuke and Itachi as they gave a nod.