Chapter Two

*Chris’s POV*

I woke up bleary eyed to Dylan shaking me.

“School time,” he told me.

I groaned and rolled over away from him.

“Chris,” he whined, bouncing on the bed, “We’re going to late if you don’t get up. It’s 7:30.”

“What?!” I flew into a sitting position and scrambled out of bed to find pants.

“Why didn’t you wake me up sooner?” I demanded, grabbing a pair of skinny jeans off the floor.

“Well now that you’re up, its 6:15, and we’ll be having breakfast in a few minutes,” he said, quickly kissing my cheek and escaping down the hallway before I could kill him.

“Jerk!” I yelled after him. I heard a ghostly chuckle before I was alone and stretched before I started getting dressed.

A grumbled Haley filled my door way and looked at me with eyes almost as not-awake as mine.

“Did Dylan tell you it was 7:30 too? Because I swear sometimes him and Jadyn plan these kinds of things,” she told me, flopping on my bed.

I laughed. “They probably do.”

“Do you have a pair of pants I can borrow?” she asked me, rolling over to look in the closet.

“Probably. Find a pair, and then find me a pair,” I told her, “I think Seth took my T-shirt.”

“I’m taking the black pair,” she told me as I walked out of my room and turned right. His room was two doors down and across the hall.

The door was slightly cracked, so I stopped at it instead of walking in.

“Seth?” I asked, pushing on the door slightly. Peeking my head in, I saw no one was in there, so I pushed it open completely and spotted an outfit laid out on the bed.

I knew it was my angry-birds shirt before I even made it there, so I picked it up and rolled my eyes at how neat he folded everything.

When I fold clothes, they somehow always end up looking like squished balls.

I was turning to head back to my room when a singing Seth walked in bare-chested with a towel around his waist and wet hair.

He was right; the scar on his side looked pretty cool. It still made me feel kind of guilty, but he’d assured me on countless occasions that he’d do it again any day.