Chapter Three

*Seth’s POV*

To say I was regretting the all nighter we’d tried to pull would be an understatement. Jadyn and I had made it to about 3:00 before we were under. 

Kevin would kill us for letting Michael and Jake stay up until one. 

The couch was extremely uncomfortable as I rolled out from underneath Jake, who had, in the middle of the night, somehow ended up on top of me. 

Michael was sharing the chair with Jadyn, and Nathan and Chris were both on pillows on the floor, their hands of cards still laid out from their unfinished game. 

I groaned and turned off my watch alarm before I grudgingly got off the floor and started shaking everyone awake. 

“Jadyn,” I muttered, shaking his shoulder, “It’s 6:30, get up.” 

He cracked an eye open before stretching and turning to get Michael up, who’s blond hair seemed to go everywhere in the mornings. 

If I hadn’t been so tired, I probably would have laughed. 

Jadyn actually did laugh, and shook him awake while I smiled and went to get Jake, Nathan and Chris up. 

Nathan woke up on his own before I made it over, so he checked the time and jumped to his feet, his eyes suddenly a little wider. 

“I got Jake,” he said, yawning as he picked him up and shook him. 

He woke up kicking and flailing around when he realized he wasn’t on the couch. 

“Calm down,” Nathan laughed dropping him back on the cushion, “It’s time for school.” 

Jake and Michael stretched and yawned about twenty times before they headed to the kitchen to find something to eat. 

Chris was still asleep on the floor. 

I bent down and shook her shoulder, but she just rolled over and kept sleeping. 

My eyes rolled into my head. 

Heavy sleeper. 

“Chris, get up,” I whined, “We have school today.” 

“I’m not going,” came her muffled reply. 

I scoffed and worked my arms underneath her before I scooped her up. 

She screamed and her eyes flew open as she aimed a hit for my chest. 

“Good morning,” I sang, “Time to get dressed.” 

She pouted all the way to her room and then huffed when she saw Haley and Dylan on her bed together just now getting up. 

“What are you doing?” she demanded, scrambling on to her own two feet, glaring into her room like she’d never seen it before. 

“She’s quite the drama queen today,” I warned Dylan, smiling behind her, “Have fun!” 

I left her to change and dragged myself to my room so I could put on the first set of clothes I could find. 

“If I were a T-shirt, where would I be?” I muttered to myself, glancing around my room. 

It felt like I looked everywhere before I gave up on a shirt and pulled on pants, leaving my room bare-chested. 

“Chris,” I shouted, coming down the hall to her room, “I need a shirt!” 

The door was closed, but since we’re all friends, I barged right through the door and stood in her doorway to get her attention.