Beginning.

Why me? Is about the only question I ask myself. My three former best friends totally disagree with this, I mean come on, you have to ask yourself something other than that! Okay, if you count asking myself why I'm so ugly, why my father hates me, why he blamed me, why I had depression, and why the scars on my wrist felt so good when I gave them neighbors, then that's just about it. I used to think I was pretty. I used to be happy. But happy just isn't me anymore. Me and happiness were opposites. 

For the past year and a half, I have successfully succeeded at becoming a ghost. I don't talk much. I guess I'm what you would call the non-sociable type. The friends I used to have are pretty sociable, so when I went into my spiralling depression, without them even seeing it the whole time, and one day just... Wasn't me, they didn't know what to do. At first they tried anything to talk to me- to see if I was okay. Their plans never succeeded, but mine did. My friends, known as Jessica, Naomi, and finally, Summer. Me and her were best friends for a reason- we were polar opposites. My name is Winter Star. You may be thinking, how ironic. But we made good best friends, I think. Summer was the only one to pick up on the depression, and confronted me about it. That just made me worse. Now I'm the ghost of the school- the one girl who hired in the shadows, or at the back of the class with a book, never talking, never smiling, never laughing, never.. Anything. I eventually forgot how to laugh, for it had been so long. My friends eventually gave up. Summer held back a while longer, but nonetheless saw I was hopeless.

That is, until Damien Black.