s i x

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙄𝙓—𝘦𝘺𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘳—

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙄𝙓
—𝘦𝘺𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘳—

     𝙄 𝘿𝙊𝙉'𝙏 𝙎𝙋𝙀𝘼𝙆 as I stare at Aspen. Tears well up in my eyes, in which I blink them away, and look to the floor.

"Get out," I say harshly. "You made yourself clear at the Training Center, and I'm making myself clear now. Get. Out."

"Casey, I want to apologize for earlier," He says with sincerity. "I didn't mean-"

"You didn't mean what?" I ask, gritting my teeth. "You didn't mean to hurt me like that? To completely leave me behind when I counted on you?"

I stand from the bed, and walk over to the door.

"Save it, Aspen," I murmer, the tears no longer in my eyes. "We're done here."

And with that, I close the door, and lock it, hoping no one else would try and bother me for the rest of the miserable day.

___♕___

I wake up in the morning bright and early, to my dismay. But I didn't do it- Johanna was yelling at me from the other side of the door, and threatening to get Reena.

I only sighed in response, and hopped from my bed. I quickly put on my training outfit, before joining Reena, Johanna, and Finnick in the dining room. Reena had left soon after, though, for some unknown reason.

"Finally," Johanna chuckles. "It took you long enough."

I shrug, taking the seat across from her.

"I talked to River last night, and he agreed to the alliance with you," Finnick says to me, grabbing an apple from his plate. "You're set, sweetheart. He'll be up in a few minutes."

I glance to the floor, frowning as I do so.

If Glimmer were to hear about this new alliance, she would ruin it immediately, or at least try to. Maybe she'd even get Clove, or Cato to help her. I can only hope that she doesn't sway River as quickly as she did with Aspen.

"So, are you hearing about this Girl on Fire?" Johanna asks, tapping her fingers against the table.

"Unfortunately, I have," Finnick says, taking a bite from his apple. "How long do you think she'll last?"

"She's from District twelve," Johanna smirks. "She won't last long. And her District partner? He'll be the first one down."

I don't comment on their conversation, lost in my own thoughts of all the scenarios that could take place if Glimmer were to find out about my alliance.