Chapter 11

As the car comes to a stop Luke is opening the door for me while the whole crowd stop talking and looks right at us.
  "What is happening? Who planned all of this? Did I do this?" I think to myself as Luke escorts me to the crowd. As we get closer the crowd slowly parts little we are the ugly kids in school. But once every is parted to one side there is a line leading to the dance floor hidden behind all the people. Then, Luke stops. He turns and faces me. He is about to say something when he gets interrupted by my parents.
  "What is all of this?" Mom questions.
  "How did this get like this and who planned all of it?" Dad asks.
  "Wait did this," Luke yells.
  "Ok," my parents blurt out at the same time.
  "Lucy, can I ask you something very important?" Luke pleads.
  "Yes you can and go ahead," I respond.
  "Lucy, when I first heard there was going to be a new neighbor around my age I was so mad. That all changed when you opened the door the day you moved in. When we talked I found a lot in common with you. Then at school I protected you from the people at school because I knew you were not that type of girl and a knew you could have changed and got very mean if I didn't step in. So instead I change from one of those bad boys to help you get to know the school. Then going through these two three months with you I have really fell in love with you. So I invited the whole grade to your house for a party so they can get to k ow the really you. Not scared to put your self out there, to believe, to care, and to be compassionate to others. This dance that I will have with you will help explain this." Luke said as he was giving a speech.
  "Luke, really you did all of this for me!" I exclaimed yelling quietly.
"Yes, and now I can see that you don't need crutches," Luke pleated.
"I just can't carry book," I replied.
Should I tell everyone that I need surgery? No they don't need to know that right now. I turned to look at my parents but they were nowhere.
"Your parents are right here, Lucy," Bella said happily.
"Luke, can I have a moment with my parents before the party gets started?" I asked.
"Yes, you can but the party has already started," Luke exclaimed.
My parents and I go inside and we talk about the party and how thoughtful Luke was. I can't believe that Luke is the nicest boy I have ever meet besides my family.