Chapter One: Introduction

"Little sister. Wake up."

I grumbled before snuggling into my blanket.

"Little sister, are you dead?"

My forehead suddenly creased. Dead? What and what? Didn't I just died a while ago?

My eyes started opening slowly. I saw a blinding light and let my eyes adjusts. I saw a boy in front of me. I stared at him while he stared at me, eye to eye. Before I knew it, I shrieked and started throwing pillows at the boy.

"Wait - Ow! Hey, ouch! Okay okay, i'm going!" And with that, the boy left.

I stared at the unfamiliar room before me when suddenly images appeared in my mind. After a while, the images disappeared and realization slapped me on the face. Hard.

I reincarnated into a fantasy novel I once read. The novel is called 'Once upon my magic' and it's about the adventures of the heroine becoming strong and saving the magical world with her friends. The story is kinda cliche but what got me to continue to read this story are the male characters hidden attitude, which I haven't read about yet.

The story is a romance, adventure and reverse harem of sorts. The only problem is . . . I reincarnated into the heroine's freaking rival!

Sure i'm glad to be alive again but seriously?! The rival's life is a torture!

It started with a royal ball where my parents and the queen have an accident and died and left only me and my older brother to take care of ourselves. And then someone saw me doing something suspicious and accused me of their death! Which caused me to be bullied as I get older, eventhough it's supposed to be the other way around.

I tried reasoning out that it's the heroine's fault and not me, which is true but no! Everyone loves the heroine and thought that she is innocent! And because of that, the rival will secretly torment the heroine.

But seriously, not even one of the rival's plan will take action because of her five bodyguards. The second prince, the prince's guardian knight, the cold prodigy, the mysterious genius and her bestfriend. All of them would risk their lives for the heroine because they all love her! Pah! Talk about a reverse harem.

And then, the silly me will try to steal the second prince, eventhough he's the heroine's fiance. Which would get me to end up dead because of that kind of obsession.

Really, I don't know what is going on with the rival's head. In the end, she will only die because of her unrequited love.

"Faye! Get me some papers and pens! Thanks!"

I snatched the things I ordered and started writing the characters of the story.

The heroine's name is Ashley White. I snorted, talk about my old rival in my old life.

Ashley has bob cut pink hair and large expressive brown eyes. She is a daughter of nobility and is the second prince's fiancee. Her power is water which she is unable to control until the five male characters helped her and made her strong.

Ashley is not really special. She ain't a prodigy or a genius, she just became strong because of her determination. Other than that, the heroine is also a bully. Everyone has their darks sides, even her. She started bullying the rival and other girls when she became strong and will threatened them if either of them come near one of the male characters.

Next is the second prince, Charles Astrid. At first, Charles disagree with the fixed marriage. But when his mom died in the accident, Charles started to get comfortable with the heroine and will eventually fall in love with her. Charles has chocolate brown hair and blue eyes. He is also strong and his power is like the heroine, water.

Following to Charles is his guradian knight, Jake Clover. He is always by Charles side and will eventually see the heroine's kind acts and will fall in love with her. He becames the heroine's friend as the time goes by and he will teach her some combat and fighting stuff to make her strong. Jake has golden hair and blue eyes.

The cold prodigy, Alistair Hue. He became the heroine's classmate and became quite interested in her when he immediately saw her. But because he is introverted, the situation ended up to the heroine befriending him. He fell in love with her and taught her to get strong. Alistair has dirty blonde hair and gray eyes and his power is air.

The mysterious genius, Brace Waves. Brace is quiet and will only talk if you asked him a sensible question. The heroine will eventually bother him which gets Brace irritated and avoid her. The cycle goes on and on until Brace learned to befriend the heroine and will eventually love her in the end. Brace has black hair and black eyes and his power is nature.

The silent bestfriend, Red Fierre. Red had been bestfriend with the heroine since they were little and have obviously liked her ever since they met. But Red is afraid to express his feelings and choses to stay silent. Red has fiery red hair and orange eyes and his power is fire.

I sighed before putting down the pen and walking towards the bathroom. I looked at the mirror and saw my appearance.

And then there's me, the heroine's rival. Lacy Heart Spades or called Aicee. I have long wavy light brown hair that reaches to my knees and large expressive golden eyes. I have flawless skin, long eyelashes and red lips. In the looks department, I totally outshine the heroine. If only the rival have common sense.

Suddenly, an idea popped in my head. The story hasn't started yet until the royal ball. If I can prevent what happened and changed my ways, maybe, just maybe, i'll not end up dead!

I just need to be strong and beat the heroine! Yes! With that, i'll change my destiny. But to be just sure, i'll avoid the heroine and the five male characters and try not to get involved with them.

"Miss Lacy, breakfast is ready."

I turned around and saw my maid, Faye. She's petite and have brown pixie cut hair and blue eyes. She's quite pretty in a simple way.

I nodded before turning to walk towards the dining room, "Okay, i'll go now to the dining room."

Starting from this life, I am now Lacy Heart Spades and not Ace Spades. The Ace Spades who knows martial arts but couldn't get herself to stand up from the bullies of Atria Academy. Right now, I am Lacy who is determined to get strong and avoid myself from getting killed in the end.

I reincarnated into a fantasy novel but I am determined to control my life the way I want!