80 -This Town

Editing is soo boring so I'm updating. (Feat. Pietro Maximoff)

Waking up to kiss you and nobody's there
The smell of your perfume still stuck in the air
It's hard

Barry woke up to the sickening smell of your perfume. Okay, it wasn't that bad it just bought so many memories. He still had the habit of waking up and turning to kiss you good morning but he was just met with a white sheet.

Yesterday I thought I saw your shadow running round
It's funny how things never change in this old town
So far from the stars

Barry still thought he could see your shadow lurking in the corners of the room. His heart would race a million miles, only to find a coat hanging over a chair.

And I want to tell you everything
The words I never got to say the first time around
And I remember everything
From when we were the children playing in this fairground
Wish I was there with you now

The morning you left was supposed to be the night he proposed. He was going to take you to the fair, a place you used to always go as a child. He would take you on the Ferris Wheel and once you had reached the top, well you can guess what would happen next.

If the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you
Drive highways and byways to be there with you

Barry still cared deeply about you. Every time he heard you got hurt on a mission he would get worried until he heard you were alright again. He wondered if you ever felt the same.

I saw that you moved on with someone new
In the pub that we met he's got his arms around you
It's so hard
So hard

One Friday night, he saw you. His palms became sweaty and it felt hard to breathe. He watched the blonde hair man, which he soon learnt was Pietro, wrap his arms around you. He watched you both kiss. It felt like he was drowning in that room.

You still make me nervous when you walk in the room
Them butterflies they come alive when I'm next to you
Over and over the only truth
Everything comes back to you

One day when you were visiting Star Labs, there was nothing to do back in New York and Pietro wanted to visit the city you grew up in. So he ran you both over there and you told him that you were going to visit a few people before you both went sightseeing. But being the impatient bastard he was, he let you take as long as you wanted considering you were going to be there for the next few days.

Once you walked in, Barry's stomach flipped upside down and the cage that held all the butterflies became lose. He couldn't breathe, like that time when he saw you kiss Pietro. "Hey, Barry." You smiled at him. "H-hey Y/N, what brings you by? I thought you were still with the Avengers." He said trying to remain as cool as possible. "Yeah but after everything with Ultron and stuff, the team decided it would be good for a break, so Pietro and I decided it would be good to come and visit Central City." You said.

And I know that it's wrong
That I can't move on
But there's something about you

He knew he should let go. It had been a year since your break up. Of course, you would move on. But he didn't know why he felt so, Jealous? Was that the right word? Shouldn't he feel happy? It had been a year, so why couldn't he move on?

If the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you
Drive highways and byways to be there with you
Over and over the only truth
Everything comes back to you
You still make me nervous when you walk in the room
Them butterflies they come alive when I'm next to you
Over and over the only truth
Everything comes back to you

6 years since you left. You had married Pietro and had two lovely children. Barry still saw you on the news every so often. He wasn't jealous anymore. He married Iris who gave him two beautiful children and one on the way.

You and Barry had become friends, and that's all you were ever supposed to be.