Chapter 3

Jordan's POV

School ended and me and Nathan walk to the bookstore. The bookstore is literally right across the school so that's good.
The walk to the bookstore is silent. We showed up to the doors and Nathan holds the door for me. He gestures his hand towards the door showing to go in.
"Thank you, kind sir" I say jokingly. He laughs and lets the door go for it to shut.
"The text books are on the next floor" Nathan says.
"Right. What text books do we need?"
"Just History. American History books"
We found the history books we needed and headed to the checkout.
"Your total is $150" said the lady at the checkout. I took out my debit card and paid. Nathan paid his.
"Do you maybe wanna get a coffee or something?" Nathan said showing his left over $20 he had.

Caffeine. Will my mother allow that? Will I sleep tonight? Do I even like coffee?
Before I even could decide, an answer came out of my mouth.

"Sure, would love to."

We stopped at a Starbucks and order two coffees.
"What's your name?" the cashier said.
"Nathan."
"Okay thank you Nathan."
10 minutes passed.

We heard a young lady raise her voice "Nathan? Order for Nathan"
Nathan takes the two coffees to our table.
"Naten" He says looking at the cups.
"Wha-at?" I say.
"She spelt Nathan as 'Naten'
We laugh about it for a couple of minutes. Until it's silent.

Is this a date? We spent some time together and grabbed a coffee before we went. What even is a date?
His face looks so pretty from the angle I'm getting. Angle? He always looks good in whatever angle. Should I confess my feelings about him? No, it's too early. It's only the first day of school.

"Have you heard the Hamilton Broadway album?" Nathan says sipping his coffee after.
"I've only heard the first act. It sounds pretty great. My favorite song is Guns and Ships"

"I love that song too."

"Maybe we should go see it together sometime"

Did he just. Did he just asked me out?
I don't know if he actually did so I'll just asked a few questions.

"Sure. Who else is going?"

Nathan's POV

Ugh. He doesn't get it. I've been trying to get with him all day today. He's so naive it's so adorable. I see him blushing every time I make a joke with him.

Is he even gay? What if he's straight? What if I'm making him question his sexuality? Is that why he's always so quiet and shy around me? Dear god, I hope I'm not causing him any of that trouble.

He asked if anyone else is going. What should I do?

"No one else is going"
"Oh. I'll have to talk to my mother about that."

Oh no. What if his mom is homophobic? What if she gets the idea that it's a date?

Jordan's POV

Good. No one else is coming. But what if my mother wants to go for my safety? Should I just lie?
Lie.
What a filthy word.

These crushes are making me have thoughts my mom wouldn't like. I mean I thought about lying to my own mother.

I'm a disgrace.

Thoughts??? Leave your comments please🖤❤🖤❤