Chapter 51

Harry's p.o.v

Aidan runs her fingers through my hair while my head is laying on her stomach. The scent of her vanilla body wash is seeping through her shirt. The way she's twirling the ends of my hair actually feels good and I've grown comfortable to the pattern of her breathing.

"Harry?"

"Yes?"

"What was-no never mind." She speaks in a low tone.

Is she alright? She can ask me anything; she can trust me. I won't say anything stupid if she has a serious question.

"Ask me."

"It's not really that important."

"Yes it is." I disagree.

"No it isn't."

"Well I still want to know."

"Um....I was going to ask what your m-mom was like." She mumbles.

I smile slightly, "you were scared to ask me that?"

"You're not upset?"

"No." I chuckle.

"Well, can you tell me what she was like?"

"What do you want to know?"

I don't remember a lot, but I do know some things. I'll tell her everything that I can remember, if that's what she wants to know. I don't know where to start though, because it's not like I've had this conversation a million times. I've never had it with any one but myself.

I'm not sure why Aidan wants to know about my mom. After all, she's curious about everything. I wonder how long she's wanted to ask me this. I don't know if I dislike talking about my mom or if I just don't do it. The fact that Aidan asked doesn't really bother me. I don't mind answering her questions, I just don't know where to start.

"Um...everything I can?" She tells me, but it's more of a question.

Even I don't know everything. If it wasn't for the pictures I had, I'd barely remember what she looks like. I know that she was nice, and her hair was long and dark. The more I try to remember when I'm by myself, the more I stress myself out; so I quit.

"She had a strange taste for classical music. I remember because I hated it. She never really threw anything away, and she gave me all the teddy bears she had when she was a kid-"

"Do you still have them?" Aidan questions and rubs her fingers in circles against my scalp.

"One or two. Her room is down the hall, but I don't really go in it. Unless I have to or I'm having a bad day."

I rarely have bad days now. I think it's because I have Aidan's company. So if indeed any one to talk to, I'd have her. I continue to talk because I think she wants to know more.

"I think she had lots of patience. If not that, she was forgiving. After all, she did forgive my dad for cheating on her when she was pregnant with me. Well, you forgave me, so I can't really speak on that."

Aidan let's out a low laugh and I smile.

"She liked the color orange...I don't know a lot." I admit once I can't think of anything else.

"Well from that she seems lovely."

I nod in agreement. I've always assumed she was lovely based off of that and the faint memories I have. Now I don't know how to ignite a different conversation to stop us from laying in silence.

"I have another question." Aidan speaks up.

"What is it?"

"Do animals have conversations like humans, but in animal language?"