Chapter 34.

Aidan's p.o.v

I lazily pressed my fingers against the button on the elevator. Though students weren't supposed to ride it, I didn't care. Finally, after what felt like forever the door opens, reavealing a full elevator of at least five or six boys.

A bit uncomftorable because of this situation, I step on anyways. I didn't really know them, and they looked younger than me, so I wasn't intimidated.

The tallest one with the ash brown hair gives me a head to toe look. I tilt my top lip upwards, in a disgusted manner. He turns to his friend, and they both give me a sort of amused look.

"Aren't you like what.... sophmores, juniors?" I ask, annoyed because I don't get the joke.

The same boy from the first time whispers something in his friend's ear again, and this time he laughs. Thankfully, the bell dings and I rush out as fast as I can.

Not only did boys make me uncomftorable, but they were obviously saying something about me; and it irritated me because I wanted to know what was so funny.

I was just glad it had been the end of the school day, and the bell dismissed us shortly afterwards.

*******

The hallways are crowded and I hated being late because it seemed as if everyone was looking at you. As I mumble excuse me repeatedly, I notice people are looking at me more than usual. I roll my eyes, not enjoying a bit of the unwanted attention I was receiving.

Some of their eyes followed me all the way to my locker. Until, I saw my friends.

Cassidy gives me a distressed look and I furrow my eyebrows. What happened now?

"What'd I do?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You didn't do anything- I'm just surprised that you hadn't heard about it yet." Jade shakes her head.

Some sort of worry washed over me, knowing it could be anything. I was a bit on edge, and thought maybe that's why everyone was looking at me. I know I was just exaggerating, because they look at everyone that way.

"What happened."

"There's a rumor going around, but don't worry we know it's not true." Cassidy explains.

"What rumor?"

"That you and some guy did it on the elevator. Wait- wait before you explode. Let me give you the facts." Cassidy says.

Not focusing on anything else she said, I wondered how some people could be so dumb, or how something so idiotic could spread around the school. It scared me a bit, but I didn't let that show. I let go of a shaky breath letting Cassidy say whatever she was saying.

"Okay, we know it's dumb, because no ones on the elevator that long, you don't even talk to boys, and we know you a lot better than that." she says.

Somehow, I didn't believe it, but I know it's true. I know that's why everyone is looking at me, and I know that's why those boys were looking at me. Now, I regret being stupid enough to even step foot on that elevator in the first place.

How unlucky could I be? I've never bullied anyone, so this couldn't be karma, nor was I a mean or bad person.

******

"Finally." Harry blows out a breath of annoyance. "I was looking for you everywhere."

I fumble with the ends of my sweater sleeve, afraid to tell him because maybe he doesn't know. He wasn't acting like he knew, and I knew that I should tell him. So, I just cut all of the bullshit, and I say it.