Chapter 1

Hey! Chapter 1! Yay!

Please comment and vote?

Enjoy :D

~~~~~~~~

The king took a sip from his gold gemmed gauntlet, the blood trickling onto his wrangled rustic bread.

"Lord Devonshire." The king purred, looking at his creation. The king's prediction was right, the making of Devonshire was his greatest success yet. No transformie was this useful in the last five centuries!

The man that sat across the table was once mortal, many centuries ago. That part of him died, or better rephrased, was sucked away.

Devonshire was one of the high lords in this vampire society and was a favorite of the king himself.

Lord Devonshire leaned cockily into his chair, his powerful muscles rippling under his clothing, yet his back more rigid than steel. He brushed away from of his pitch black hair as his silver eyes grabbed the king's. "Your highness."

"I apologize for taking you from your hunting." The king smirked, eyeing the torn and bloodied clothing.

Devonshire had learned to control himself very well over the past centuries, not to mention his heart had turned to stone. "I had finished dinner anyway. What have you summoned me for, sire?" He swirled the red drink in his own gauntlet, focusing on the king.

The king racked one black claw across his chin, watching Devonshire. "You, are one of my finest creations. However... you have not found your soul mate yet so you are not as powerful as you should be, or can be."

Devonshire scoffed, "I am the most powerful Lord and one of the most powerful high vamps, I do not need to find my soulmate. That dream disintegrated ions ago."

The king sighed, and stood. Devonshire tensed his muscles to follow but the king waved him down, "Please. Remain seated." Devonshire released his tension, molding with the chair.

The king walked over, his footsteps echoing like a final heartbeat. "Your enemies know that without your soul mate, you will slowly start to grow weaker, especially after all these centuries..."

"Sire. With all due respects, if I haven't found her yet, I will not at all."

The King barked a laugh, "I'm not telling you to go find your soulmate!"

Lord Devonshire raised an eyebrow, "Then your request?"

The king coly grinned, "I'm telling you to get married and pretend that your bride is that 'soul mate'. I have another powerful colleague of mine that has an untouched female in his hands. He needs to marry her off before his travels take him elsewhere..."

Devonshire narrowed his eyes, "Why doesn't he take her with him then?"

"Well... she's what we call... mortal." The king returned to his seat.

Devonshire shot up like a bullet, "You are asking me to marry a mortal?"

"Well... She has vampiric genes in her... they just are not, well, active. She's a Half-Human." The king took another sip of the intoxicating drink.

Lord Devonshire pinched his nose bridge, "Does she even know we exist?"

"I'm not sure. My colleague has told me she never really had a chance to get to know our species, other than himself and your pack mate. However, she was almost eaten alive about a decade ago. He saved her, somehow feeling the familia bond between them. She is his second nephew removed twice or whatever whatever. That does not matter! You are to marry her, and it is already arranged."