Chapter 13

Update

Also for my readers on here...

I will be releasing a new (non mature one) book shortly! Stay tuned!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let me repeat myself, my dear, where were you?" He whispered next to her ear, his breath tickling her sensitive lobe as shivers of fire travelled down her length.

She swallowed before quietly ushering, "In town." Her eyes were pinned on Charlotte who was happily humming up ahead of them. "How did she found out about the arrangement?" Arya twisted the blame.

Devonshire seemed cool, unaware of how he was now playing defense, "I told her. She squealed a little, fainted, and then asked me to take her to you. Which is what we were doing." His gaze slid to her and she felt her own knife embed into her.

She shook of the freezing feeling, "I had to leave."

"You will never do so again." He said calmly, too calmly.

"Make me." Arya spat.

A deep husky chuckle left his throat, "Don't worry. I will."

Goosebumps flared across her arms and she grit her teeth, the hold on his arm tightening in annoyance; knowing he would keep that threat.

"Its your fault anyway." She snapped, unknowing how to respond.

Devonshire sighed, "Yes. I know. I apologize for my behavior... I have a unpleasant... history."

Arya looked at him shocked. He just apologized to her, knowing exactly what was ticking her off. What history?

His eyes flickered to her and her eyes snapped away. "Oh. I-its okay." She clenched the arm with the bite scar on it.

"You do know this is only a very small solution... correct?" Devonshire's tone changed from a attacking one, to an understanding one.

Arya looked down, watching and listening as their feet crunched upon the pebbles, and grabbed her wrist. "Yes." Her voice was solid.

Devonshire felt as she grew very tense around his arm. "I promise I will wait until the choice is yours. I will not force it upon you. We have but three months... but I will let you decide when within those three months you are ready to be claimed fully."

Arya felt a blanket of stress removed from her, "W-what if I don't want to be ever fully claimed?"

Devonshire laughed a dark chuckle, "I'm afraid the King has the power to hurt anyone that is close to you." Both their gazes go to Charlotte. "And I don't know about you, I very much believe that Horace and Isadora are good vampires and do not deserved to be killed just yet."

Arya shivered and bowed her head, "Agreed. I understand."

Devonshire sighed and turned around, stopping both of them. He took her chin with his large warm fingers and Arya froze at the contact.

"Arya. Look at me." He commanded.

Her eyes grabbed his. His were a compelling silver, shimmering with power and knowledge.

"Arya. I promise, I will wait and do anything in my power to protect you. But I also promise I will get you to come to me. Whether you like it or not, I will seduce you. It will be your choice, but I will get you."

Arya opened her mouth. Zadimus smirked, "And don't say good luck, because trust me, I know I will need it. But know that I control everything that belongs to me."