Chapter 16

"I have fangs!"

Devonshire caught her hands, "Arya! Arya! Calm down! I'm sure there is an explanation about this!"

"How are you so calm about this?!" Shrieked Arya.

Devonshire snarled, "I'm not! I'm just as confused and baffled and terrified as you! But freaking out won't do anything!" She was hyperventilating.

"Now deep breath. Arya listen to me. Breathe." His voice cooled her temper as he gazed into her eyes. "Now lets get dressed and see what the pack knows about this."

Arya nodded furiously, terrified. She had fangs. She had fucking fangs! WHAT THE FUCK!

The two got dressed with Arya shaking like a leaf.

"KNOCK! KNOCK!"

"MY LORD! LORD HORACE IS HERE! HE HAS COME TO CHECK ON HIS NIECE'S PROGRESS IN YOUR PACK!" Isadora cried from the other side of the locked door.

Arya's eyes grew in horror.

"Shit!" Devonshire rushed to the door. He rammed it open, pulled Isadora in, and slammed the door shut behind her.

She stumbled in, "Gah! What was that for?

"Isadora!" Arya gaped at her bloodied clothing. Isadora smiled lightly, catching herself from her stumble, "Hello dearie. We got attacked. That is all."

Arya's mouth was hanging open. "Wait a minute..." Isadora squinted toward her mouth. Arya's jaw locked shut.

"Isadora... Can I ask you a favor?" Devonshire asked, slipping on his shirt.

"Yes? Anything. What is it?"

Devonshire nodded to Arya. "Look at her mouth." Isadora raised an eyebrow but headed to Arya who was bashfully twiddling her fingers. "Go ahead Arya."

Arya slowly opened her mouth to show off her fangs. Isadora's mouth dropped, "S-s-she's an orig—!"

"We cannot let Horace know this!" Snapped Devonshire, interrupting her shock. "I need you to keep her safe here while I go talk to Lord Horace."

Isadora began to argue and Zadimus held up a hand, "We will talk afterwards... I promise."

Isadora then bowed her head respectfully and wrapped her arm around Arya, "Lets get you and me cleaned up darling." They headed towards the bathroom.

Devonshire slipped out of the room, closing and locking the door behind him, before going down the stairs.

In the living room sat Lord Horace. "Ah! Lord Devonshire." Horace beamed, standing up. The men shook hands and took a seat.

"So... I was wondering how acting like 'soulmates' has been going between you and Arya?"

Acting.. He doesn't know either. Fuck.

And so Devonshire began to talk.

After sometime, a crash stopped the men's conversation. Horace and Charlotte, who had join the men silently in the room, looked confusedly to the upstairs.

Devonshire caught the eyes of Vanessa and Maribelle and nodded. They slipped into the shadows, going to the upstairs. Wolfe and Jrake took their places. Zadimus captured the attention and the discussion continued.

More time passed.

"Well! It is good to see she is finally fitting in. I was worried she wouldn't ever." Horace confessed.