Chapter XVII

"It's really surprising how you managed to survive all of those." Dr. Kwon said as I sat in his office, talking to me and showing the results of my final examination.

"What do you mean?" I asked, feeling confused like he was.

"All of the cancer cells in your body suddenly disappeared and though I thought you won't make it, but this explains everything. I guess miracles do happen." He nodded to himself.

"So you mean, my disease just vanished like that? Hah. Seriously how did that happen?"

"I can't explain how but one thing, you got better and well, a lot stronger than before. You can go home by the end of the week and probably, back to your work. But don't stress yourself too long, we really don't know if you're cancer free but how I wish you should."

I shook Dr. Kwon's hand and no amount of tears can explain how happy I was feeling. I was not completely well but I was on the process of recovery. Wonwoo came to pick me up inside since I was on a wheel chair and my legs still felt like jelly and sort of weak. I don't know how everything happened like what was happening right now but one thing I was sure of, I will continue to live and experience new things in my new life.

"You're really cool back then, hyung, your heart suddenly started beating just after the doctor announced your time of death." Wonwoo said with amusement.

"What? They already decided that I am dead? How ridiculous! But I remember something before I wake up. It feels like I was being pulled by many hands underneath and the whole place was dark and cold. I can hear a lot of pained screams and weird laughter. I think that was hell."

"Don't scare me like that hyung."

"But it really did happen. It felt so real and I really felt those slimy and cold hands touching me on all places ... But then a bright light suddenly appeared... There was a person with wings and he was crying and he said I should get back.. Then..—"

"What happened?" Wonwoo asked as we took our turn in a corner leading to my hospital room.

"I don't remember anymore. But he saved me." I felt a bit pleased by that but it seems like I was forgetting something extremely important. "Wonwoo... Am I forgetting something important?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" He asked as he helped me sit on my bed, feeling the soft fabric touch my skin.

"Is there someone else we're with in here?" I asked but it sounded weird that Wonwoo came looking inside the room the staring at me with crept expression.

"What do you mean? Were you seeing something else here? Aside from Seungcheol-hyung and me, there was no one else here. Oh, Xia visited you yesterday with the press but aside from us and a few nurses, no one else was here."

"Are you sure?"

"Mingyu was here yesterday too, I almost forgot." He sighed as he hung the IV on the place where it was supposed to be.

Then suddenly my phone started ringing. It was on the sofa and a red scarf beside it.

"Wonwoo, can you please hand me my phone?" I asked kindly and he nodded.

"Oh? When did it get here? Seriously, is there some ghost in here?" he said, picking up the phone and handing it to me.

"Thanks." I grabbed the phone and it was Dino who was calling.

"Hello Dino?"

"It's Jihoon, how are you feeling?"

"Eh? I'm fine, why are you using Dino's phone?"