The Fallen -- Extra Chapter

[Joshua's POV]

And when I thought I could finally move on, dreams of him never fail to make my heart flutter in many ways, as if it was real, as if it was true. There are times that I just wanted to sleep the day off to see him, to hold him but every time my eyes would open and see the empty space beside, the pain in my chest was unnerving, the dream was not real and the never ending reality won't even stop till my last breath.

"You're not being yourself lately. Is something wrong?" Lee Jihoon asked me. His piercing eyes feels like he's seeing through my soul but the dumb look I gave him only caused a sigh to escape from his lips. I see him close his eyes and open it again to look at me in frustration.

"Joshua Hong. Just be honest and tell me when you've had enough. I'll cancel everything and you're free on your way, whatever you want, whatever you do because honestly, what you're doing is not just ruining your reputation but ours as well. You're dismissed. Just cool your head off, come back here and tell me your resolve." He followed and went back on signing some papers.

I pushed myself up and went out of his office as if a heavy scolding didn't happen. People from the workplace would greet me as I passed by them but they receive no response from me. It felt like I've completely lost myself, it felt like I wanted everything to just end because he was gone. Why was he gone again? Who was he again?

I took a deep breath as I took the corner that leads to my dressing room and when I arrived there, I was expecting that no one would appear to greet me but surprisingly, someone was there, someone with deep blue eyes, someone with a pale skin, someone with a cleanly shaved blonde hair. He was wearing a black suit, sitting crossed legged on the same couch I often sleep with and his eyes stared at me for a moment before it completely disappeared.

"Who are you?" he asked in a cold voice.

"No. I should be the one asking you that. Who are you?" I rounded him yet he doesn't seem baffled at all.

"You're dreaming." He chuckled.

"Why must this be a dream? I just got here from Mr. Lee's office. It's my freaking dre—" I stopped midway when I realized that the room had completely turned different. The walls painted with yellow once have turned into a complete gray. The lights were turned orange and a bit dim and the door from where I came from completely disappeared behind my back. I looked around and everything that was in the room previously has disappeared leaving only that couches where he was currently seated.

"H...How is this possible?" I asked confusedly.

"You're slowly losing your soul." He said once again. "Happiness doesn't often come to people just because they deserve it. You're considering your dreams as your reality and never will it happen that dreams will become a reality nor dreams can be your happiness."

"What are you saying?" I paced near him. "You're not making any sense."

"The one who's not making any sense is you." He said sternly and stood up to face me. It was a strange feeling seeing his face up close to me, his height that almost matches mine and his face that remained expressionless. His palm then went on and stopped on the part where my heart is and it started hammering inside me, as if that feeling was familiar.

I nervously bit my lip as I watched him caress my chest. There was pain in his eyes but he was doing a great job in hiding it. Meanwhile, the more I realized it, the pounding inside my chest wasn't anything near excitement at all. It wasn't fluttering at all—it was pained and somehow, he hated how this pain has the effect on both of us.