Chapter XIX

“Can you make a background check about this person?’ I asked Seungcheol as I show him the photo I saw in my phone. There was an obvious surprised look on his face the way he was gawking at the photo  I showed him.
“Isn’t this you… and that guy? What the heck is this?” He looked at me with a deep frown as he looked at other photos of “us” saved in that phone. ”I didn’t know that you were into guys.”
“What are you saying? Look, I’ve been confused the moment I saw that pictures because first and foremost I cannot remember that we were close. Plus it looks like it was just taken recently and if ever I met him these past few days, I should have remembered him but I can’t.”
“Maybe one of your long forgotten exes? Wait are you even gay cause I am sure that this person is a guy right?” He looked at me once again, returning my phone and clasping his hand as if he was in the middle of thinking,

I was currently inside Seungcheol’s office because he was the first person that came in my mind when I wanted to seek help. I came here because he was the only person I can trust my personal issues with and I was sure that he would help me. The day I met A was the day that my mind was filled with him. I barely know him yet there was something inside me that says that we both know each other but the worst part was the fact that I don’t know. Not only A was the mysterious one to me but my illness suddenly disappearing like that was another question. My doctor cannot explain why did I suddenly got better like that. Since he wasn’t able to explain everything to me, I seek for another expert’s tests yet the same result appeared, I was completely fine, not even the slightest hint of ever being sick.

“Look why don’t you just stop stressing yourself out? I mean it won’t even make any sense when we already have that person in our grasp right?” Seungcheol said after a few minutes of supposed to be thinking.
“But that is not the only thing I am confused about.” I said seriously. “I am supposed to be dead but I am all well and alive. It is a mystery to me because my doctor even said that I don’t have any chance of survival. My heart was already failing but after I woke up from that sudden death, everything disappeared within a blink. It is confusing…It really is.”
“Maybe the heavens still wanted your existence that’s why. Look Joshua, never ever speak to me about that day. I don’t want to remember it anymore. What matters most is that you’re here and you’re still with us.” Seungcheol said seriously, a hint of frustration coating his voice and though I wanted to ask him of more, I restrained myself and went on with solving my own agendas.

I didn’t notice that my phone were buzzing as I talked to Seungcheol and when we’re almost done with talking (it was followed by business matters) I managed to check my phone with 3 miscalls from an unknown number which I immediately ignored. After a few minutes, another call buzzed off and I had the time to answer it so I excused myself out of Seungcheol’s office to walk towards my own room while I answer the call.

“Hello?” I asked and a familiar voice echoed from the other line.
“Sir!” he chuckled and I can’t help but smile with just listening to his voice
“I told you to call me Joshua… How are you anyways?” I asked A.
“I’m doing fine. The nurses keep on injecting me things though and sometimes it causes me headaches. How about you? How are you doing? Are you not busy? Did I call at the right time?” he asked suddenly sounding worried which caused me to chuckle.
“Yeah I’m free right now. Where are you anyways? How can you manage to make a phone call?” I asked him as I open the door towards my room, I saw Dino fiddling with his phone and just nodded at him to continue what he was doing.
“I asked the nurse. At first she was furious because you won’t answer but right now I am glad.” He said sounding really happy this time. “I really m—“
“What?”
“No nothing. When will you visit once again? I am really bored in here. The other patients won’t listen to my stories like you do and they didn’t find my dream really amazing.”
“What? But your dreams are amazing. How can they be that ridiculous? When do you want me to visit?” I asked him.
“Anytime’s fine as long as I don’t bother you.”
“Okay I’ll be there by 7 pm today so you can wait for me. As long as the working hours are over, I’ll be there.”
“Okay I’ll be waiting for you.” He said before we bid our farewells.