Old homes and showers.

(Trigger warning)

I wake up late the next morning. The whole year just has the morning for an assembly. I arrive late so I am at the very back of the hall.

"So you can ask for university application forms in the office." The head teacher says from the wooden podium on the stage. "As you have no need to learn we will be holding university style taster sessions and those who have not completed the legal limit of days attended you do have to go." He adds. A hand raises and a girl asks him a question. As I look over to her I see Adam. He looks at his phone and his face drops. People move and I can't see him anymore.

"Yes yes, in form classes you can come to the office and get your a-level results." He says and assigns teachers to classes so we aren't mixed so we can go home faster. Ms Medley then stands by the microphone.

"And all who auditioned for the talent show please see me before you leave." She says. I sigh a heavy sigh and everyone stands up.

I stand on my tip toes and I see Adam walking to the exit instead of to his form class. I walk quickly and I grab his arm.

"What are you doing?" I ask him. "Don't you want your results?"

"Get them for me, here." He says and writes a quick note, they won't give his results to me without his permission so I'm glad he does. He shoves it in my hand and rushes off. I read it.

I had to leave urgently on private matters, please give Amy my results and other papers.

~Adam tuner

Curiosity fills me and I bite my lip as I watch him walk away as he runs his hand through his hair. I walk to my form class and we walk together and I get my envelope. I hand Adams note in and they give me his. I get the application forms for us and before I can leave Ms Medley stops me and brings me to her office with everyone else.

"Well, this year we have no mid part, we aren't bothering with extra rounds of elimination. The list outside is who will be in the final. You will perform in the end of year concert and whoever wins will perform at the graduation party. Ok? Thank you." She says and we all shuffle out. I look over the excited people and read the list.

The following list are the acts that will be performing in the end of year concert and this will also be the order in which you preform. Thank you.

Doug Knowles

The invincible

Hanna Stewart

Callum and the magic hat

Baylea Adams

Georgia Marie

Amy write

I freeze. Why me and why last? Kill me now.

I pull out my phone and I already have a text but from an unknown number.

Windhill nursing home, where Adam is.

I feel slightly confused but Adam's phone might be dead and he might use a friend's phone, and why is he there? I hope he is ok.

I get in my car and get directions on my phone, it's not far at all. It takes me through a field and the scenery is beautiful. I drive into the carpark and I see Adams motorbike.

I walk through the door and the manager, Derek, smiles.

"Amy?" He asks. I nod and we start walking through a long corridor.