The Night Terror

*TRIGGER WARNING*

I feel the cool air pinch at my skin. The breeze is just strong enough to make me shiver, I walk faster hoping it will warm me up. The alcohol has pretty much left my system, probably because I didn't have much.

I see my street and I smile. I always hated walking home alone, especially here in London. I see my front door about a hundred metres away but my feet can't handle another step in these damn heels. I bend down and release my feet from their prisons. I almost moan from the pleasure that it brings me. I grab my heels after I rub the blistered soles of my feet but before I can stand darkness surrounds me until I feel in intense pain between my legs, I scream my lungs out and I start scratching at the flesh on top of me.

"Stop fighting it baby, you love it." he says but I manage to claw at him and slip off whatever was covering my eyes. I see his face but he knocks me unconscious so I don't manage to hurt him anymore.

"Wake up. Amy, wake up." I hear Adam say as he shakes me. I jump up and breathe deeply. My mind goes back to that night and I raise my shaking hand to my mouth. "Amy." Adam says and I snap out of it. I look at him and I wrap my arms around him and I start sobbing. He rubs circles on my back and I slowly but surely calm down.

"It's all ok, I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere." Adam repeats and I nod.

"Sorry." I say as I wipe my face.

"There's nothing to be sorry about Amy, you had a night terror, its fine." He says.

"A night terror?" I ask as I rub my eyes.

"Yeah, you were screaming and stuff in your sleep so it's a night terror, not a nightmare." He says. I nod.

"I'm just going to go to the bathroom." I say quietly. I stand and walk to the bathroom. I wash my face and run my hands through my hair. After a minute or two I come back out and sit with Adam cross legged on my bed.

"Your eyes turn a light shade of green whenever you've cried." He says.

"Yeah, my eyes do that, I know it's weird." I say and put hair behind my ear as I look down.

"No." he says and I look up in slight shock. "It's beautiful" he says as his hand goes to my cheek. I feel the tension between us grow again.

"Amy?" he asks.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"I really, really want to kiss you right now but I'm scared that I will scare you." He says and I can see the slight vulnerability in his eyes.

"You're not him." I say. "I trust you." I say with a smile. "But if you do kiss me, I think you should know it would be my first, real kiss." I say and he gets a weird grin.

"I better not mess it up then." He says and slowly leans in. I close my eyes and his soft lips graze mine. They slowly massage my lower lip then upper lip, I slowly do the same. He holds my bottom lip and lightly nibbles it. His hand runs through my hair and mine travel through his thick hair. The suction and his teeth on my bottom lip make me gasp lightly.

His lips travel to my neck and I tug at his hair lightly to control myself. His lips travel to a spot on my neck that feels more sensitive than the rest and I shiver in a good way, I feel Adam smile a little as he plays with that spot when the good feeling travels down I get a bit uncomfortable. I put my hands on his chest and lightly push. He gets the message and kisses my jaw then with one last kiss on my lips he lets go of my hair and we just catch our breaths for a minute.

"Well, that was..." I trail off.

"Yeah." Adam says. "Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable." He says.

"No, you stopped, perfectly if I may add." I say and we smile.

"Well, it's three in the morning so you can still sleep." He says.

"Adam?" I ask.

"Yeah?" he asks.

"You don't have to but do you mind staying with me? I don't really want to be alone right now." I say and he nods. I turn off the lights and we get back into bed. After a minute Adam wraps his arm around me and I finally drift off once again.

I wake up with a strange feeling on my scalp. I realise my head is on Adams chest so he must be playing with my hair. I lift my head to look at him, we make eye contact and I smile, I lay my head back down and take a deep breath.

"Morning." I say tiredly.

"Morning." He replies happily.

I rub my eye and wince in pain. "Ow." I whisper.

"You ok?" Adam asks as I sit up.

"Yeah, I rubbed my nose and I guess I forgot I was punched yesterday." I say with a small laugh.

"Well, it doesn't look that bad." He says.

"Thanks, well speaking of looking bad I need a shower." I say and stand up. "Thanks for staying last night by the way." I say as I pick out some clothes for after my shower.

"Its fine, it was nice. Anyway I need to go pick up Daniel and have a shower. Maybe we can do something later?" he asks.

"Sounds nice." I say and smile. Adam stands and kisses me before he leaves.

I have a nice warm shower and make myself a coffee. I hear my phone ring and I pick up without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Amy?" my dad asks. "I wanted to see how you were." He says.

"I'm fine dad." I say sadly.

"Are you sure? That boy seemed really concerned." he says.

"Yeah, he was." I say.

"Amy, believe me I didn't want to see him either." He says, the sadness in his voice makes me sadder.

"Well you seemed pretty close dad." I sigh.

"No honey. I was the only doctor available when he had a break down over here, I can't tell you why but it really messed him up. Believe me I wanted to hurt him so bad but I couldn't. Honey he just seemed nice because I signed his papers for R&R." He says honestly.

"Ok Dad, I just need some time but don't worry, I love you." I say.

"Ok sweetie, I love you too." He says and hangs up. I put my phone on the counter and cradle myself on the floor as I cry.

0��)X/+�. z�_�q�