I Think Not.

The day seems to drag on forever. It's one of those days where it feels like you're walking through thick fog and trying to not walk into anything at the same time. By the time lunch rolls by the bags under my eyes have increased in size and fatigue has settled within me, like a large dog sleeping on top of you.

"You look like crap." Adam says from behind me. I turn to him.

"You look like a douche-bag." I say with obvious disgust in my voice.

"Ha-ha." He says sarcastically. "You ready?" he asks.

"I don't even know what I'm singing." I say as I play with the button on my cardigan.

"I chose it, don't worry it was on your stupid IPod so you know it." He says, that helps me a little, I just hope no one will be watching.

This school is big on arts so it has a proper theatre. I walk behind the curtain and I dig through my bag for my Prozac and I quickly dry swallow it. I've had chronic anxiety since I found out my dad could go to war, amongst other bad things that happened to me around the same time.

My name is called and I put my bag down. I look up and I see Adam watching me with an emotionless look on his face. I glare at him and luckily the lights are already on so I literally see nothing but the stage. There is a stool and a microphone set up so I sit on it.

"When you're ready sweetie." Ms Medley, the deputy head says. I nod and the music starts playing softly.

Run by snow patrol comes on. I only ever listened to this song when I was depressed. I listened to it last night so the pain of missing my dad comes back.

I remember why I'm doing this and I start singing.

"I'll sing it one last time for you

Then we really have to go

You've been the only thing that's right

In all I've done

And I can barely look at you

But every single time I do

I know we'll make it anywhere

Away from here

Light up, light up

As if you have a choice

Even if you cannot hear my voice

I'll be right beside you dear

Louder louder

And we'll run for our lives

I can hardly speak I understand

Why you can't raise your voice to say

To think I might not see those eyes

Makes it so hard not to cry

And as we say our long goodbye

I nearly do

Light up, light up

As if you have a choice

Even if you cannot hear my voice

I'll be right beside you dear

Louder louder

And we'll run for our lives

I can hardly speak I understand

Why you can't raise your voice to say

Slower slower