Dinner Date

"I don't eat snails." I say and he laughs. I smile and he kisses me. We are lazy for most of the day and just watch TV and snack. Adam reserved the table for eight thirty so at seven I go to my place and I start to get ready.

I put on a black mid-thigh dress that flairs at my hips and a chunky metallic necklace. I curl my hair and do strong eyeliner with nude lips. I put on my favourite expensive perfume. I pack a small bag and look in the mirror. I smile and hear a knock on my door. I walk downstairs and open the door where Adam is standing in a suit and tie.

"You look amazing." We say in unison. We laugh and I see that he is wearing my watch.

"It suits you." I say and smile.

"I know I should be a model." He says and models, he honestly could be, his hair is perfectly gelled back, he is fit, he honestly could be a model.

"You could be." I say and he laughs.

"Come on, let's go before we're late." He says and we go to his car. He opens the door to me and I sit in the passenger side.

We valet the car by the restaurant and walk inside.

"Table for two under Tuner." Adam says to the man and we are walked to the table.

The restaurant is beautiful. The seats and tables are black but the table cloths are white. There are fake trees which are black and there are fairy lights all around the room. On the wall is a stage with a live band and in front is a small space where there is an old couple dancing. I smile.

"Can I get you a beverage, we also have a spectacular wine list if you are interested." The man says.

"I would just like still water please." I say.

"And I would like the same please." Adam says, the man nods and walks away.

"This place really is fancy." I say.

"Yeah, my dad took his wife here on their anniversary when they were here, I picked them up so I knew it was nice." He says.

The man comes and pours us our waters, we are given dehydrated napkins to wipe our hands and we are given menus.

I order pasta with pesto and pine nuts. Adam orders Kobe beef steak and we start waiting, a trickle of starters come to tide us over.

"This place is beautiful." I say in awe as I look around.

"Not as beautiful as you." He says. I smile and sip my water.

"So, is this your favourite birthday so far?" I ask.

"By far." He says with a smile.

"Cheers to that." I say and we clink our glasses.

Our food arrives and we start eating. My food is amazing and I'm guessing so is Adam's since he smiles with every bite and we are pretty much silent while we eat. A waiter comes around with an open bottle of champagne.

"Complimentary glass of champagne?" he asks. I look at Adam to see if he wants to, we don't drink but I'm willing if he is.

"Yes thank you." He says and I also take a glass.

"Have a good evening." The waiter says and moves to the next table.

"It's a celebration." Adam says and I nod. We clink our glasses again and sip the golden liquid. It's warm and fairly sweet. The bubbles are soft, unlike in fizzy drinks.

"It's nice." I say with a hint of surprise in my voice.

"Indeed." Adam agrees with an exaggerated posh voice. I laugh and we finish our meals. The food is rich but we still order dessert. The champagne is warming me from the inside and the food is taking any drunk feeling away.