Anything

Adams POV

This is driving me insane. Every time I call her she just hands the phone to Daniel and ignores me. What did I do? I stood up for her, I trusted her with my brother. Is that it? Is Daniel too much? No, he seems too happy, whenever he feels unwanted he is the complete opposite. Maybe she thinks I'm too much, maybe I'm too much baggage. No, she has her own so understands. Fuck, it's been two weeks. What is it?

"Adam?" Mum asks from the door.

"Yeah?" I ask

"I thought you drowned, you've been in there way too long." My brain clicks and I remember I'm in the shower.

"Yeah, I'm coming out now." I say and turn off the water. I wrap the towel around me and start drying off. Once I'm changed I come out of the bathroom and I am greeted with a hug.

"I don't want a hug right now." I say, assuming it's my mum, then I feel that the arms wrap around me lower down.

"Even from me?" Daniel asks sadly.

"No, Daniel, of course I do. I thought you were someone else." I say and lift him so he is eye level with me.

"Where's Amy?" I ask.

"I don't know." He says and plays with my hair. "Your hair is long." He says and laughs.

"Well I haven't had a chance to get it cut yet." I say and put him down. "So, why are you here?" I ask.

"Your mummy asked to see me." He says. I nod and hold his hand as we walk to my mum's room next door. I try to lower my hopes that Amy is with her but I can't help but smile at the thought that she is.

We walk I'm and I am disappointed at the sight. My mother is just sat there, waiting. Alone. Daniel scrambles to the floor to play with some toys and I sit next to my mum and try to stay calm.

"Mum?" I ask her quietly.

"Yes son?" she asks innocently.

"Where's Amy?" I ask getting obviously annoyed.

"I don't know. She dropped him off and left again." She says, even if she isn't telling the truth she won't say anything else. I sigh and check the time, visiting is over in an hour, she'll be back and I will talk to her.

Amy's POV

I take a deep breath as I walk in. I tell the receptionist why I'm here but I hear my name called out and the familiar feeling of Daniel wrapping his arms around me.

"Hey Daniel." I say and bend down to hug him properly. "Did you have fun?" I ask.

"Yeah, looks at Adam's hair, it's so funny." He says. I look up and Adams looking down at me. I stand up and put my hands in my back pockets.

"Yeah, it's gotten longer." I say and I give him a small smile. I look down at Daniel and I hold his hand.

"Should we go then?" I ask and when Daniel nods we turn and start walking away. I feel a hand grip my forearm and I pull my arm out and spin around instantly. I give Adam a death glare. He puts his hands up in surrender.

"Can we talk?" Adam asks. "Please?"

I sigh. "I'm taking Daniel to a friends for a sleepover. I'll text you." I say and take Daniel back to my car.

I try to prolong saying goodbye to Daniel at his friend's house but I could sense I was becoming unwelcome. I flop into my bed and play with my phone. I bite my lip and sit up. I cross my legs and text Adam.