N° 2 ; Stories

Chapter 2

The rain begins to slow down and after awhile stops. He stops right in front of the bookstore and I get out. "Thanks"

"Yea."

I go inside and upstairs to the mystery and romance sections. I pick about 4 books. I pick a corner and sit. While I've got my nose in a book I see black boots and slowly look up to see Dean. I smirk at the sight and the fact that he has the 5 most amazing pieces of literature on this planet.

He sits down next to me places the books on his lap and pushes up his sleeve. Two. Three. Four tattoos are exposed. Then again, why am I not surprised.

One was a butterfly. The other was a joker card. The third was a bird and the fourth one, the last one that I could see was a black heart, with a fine line nearly visible showing the heart is broken.

"What do they mean?"

"Well, the butterfly is just for my mom. The joker was for my grandpa. The bird is just freedom I guess."

"And the heart?"

"The heart. Yea, um, the heart is also for my mother."

"You must really love your mother."

"Yea. And she died and my family fell apart."

My heart sank. I could see pain in his green eyes. I wish I could just hug him.

"I'm so sorry Michael. Is it ok if I ask what happened?"

I didn't think it would be.

"I was 10. One day we were just playing this game and we just came from this party with my dad. They both drank but I guess my mom lost track after 7."

He giggled. Was I allowed to giggle?

"Anyway we were driving and I fell asleep. I guess you can say I woke up just in time but as soon as I woke up, she ran the red light and bam! She hit another car and I woke up in the hospital."

"And your dad?"

"He's fine. He got some glass in his ribs and got a couple stitches but he's good. "

"Wow "

He opened the first book. He slammed it closed. He took my hand and ran out.

"Let's go. I wanna show you something."