Popular Girl & the Gang Leader=Love? CHAPTER 6

xXPaigeXx

gangstagirl921

bhtwizzlers

Vampqueen97

Kiki_353

Freddy6262

^^^PEOPLE WHO GUESSED THE CORRECT ANSWER! [maddie]

if you guessed maddie, but i didn't put your name up here please tell meee!

I pulled back and looked behind me. It was so dark that I couldn't see who it was. Then slowly, things became clearer.

Short Person.

Tiny figure.

Curly red hair.

There's only one person I know who looks like that: Maddie.

"Tori?" she said again.

"It's me."

She walked up to me, but stopped in her tracks when she noticed I wasn't alone.

"Umm..." she said. Her eyes shifted between me and Zach, lingering more on me every so often. It seemed like forever that Maddie kept glancing between the both of us, but then she stopped looking at Zach and focused on me.

Her face looked...worried. But I couldn't blame her, because I do have a boyfriend, yet here I am wrapped in some random guy's arms. Well not random to me, but to her....he definitely is. I immediately snapped to my senses and scooted away from him.

"Hey Maddie," I tried to sound calm, but my voice deceived me.

She pointed to Zach and shot me a questioning look.

I understood what she mean and quickly said, "Maddie, this is Zach. And, uh, Zach, this is Maddie, my best friend.

He gave her a short nod with a flick of his head. Hesitantly, she waved back and then held up her phone, which was being tightly in her tight grip.

"Mom called. She's going to work so I need to babysit Ritchie."

I wanted to tell her that Ritchie didn't matter to me at all. That he could stay at home by himself. That we didn't need to leave right this second.

But I couldn't bring myself to say that. Me...I'm not like that. Ritchie, Maddie's five year old brother, mattered to me a lot. He was like my own little brother.

"Okay. " I got up and brushed some of the dirt off my pants.

I looked at Zach, taking my time because I knew I would probably never see him again. The image of his hair, the color of a raven's wings, was forever imprinted in my mind. And those lips? They too had a special place in my mind.

Grabbing my arm and ripping me away from my thoughts, Maddie dragged me along. But before we walked even ten steps, he spoke.

"Victoria...."

I sucked my breath in and watched as the corners of his mouth were dragged up towards his eyes into a tiny, sad smile. It was as if the big gap between our bodies saddened him. And right then, when I thought about that, I realized I like that. I wanted him to want me. I wanted him to hold me and never let go.

I shook my head and told myself to forget my silly fantasy, because I know it could-and would- never happen.

"Yeah?"

"Tell your boyfriend he's a lucky guy." And he disappeared into the night.

I sighed. That's not what I had been hoping for him to say. I'd wanted to hear something along the lines of, "I hope to see you again soon" come out of his mouth, and ring in my ears.