transcendence

I know this longing for you is real
Perhaps,because
It is the only thing I feel

He couldn't breathe.

Her presence was intoxicating,the way her eyes would look up at him in the lightest of ways.

Her hair was strange,like a mixture of brown black mixed together to form some sort of a masterpiece.

She was art,but not quite.

Lost,as though she was a part of her own universe with planets and civilisations.

But her eyes,god her eyes.

Like earth mixed with fire,those golden orbs seemed to unearthe every single secret he'd ever had.

She broke him.

He felt detached,like he wasn't a part of the world. Like somehow,someone had dug their dirt coated fingernails into his back and pulled his heart out from inside his ribcage.

He was nervous as he struggled to get his books out his locker,his calculus one slipping out of his grasp continously.

He picked it up as it fell again and again,his agitation increasing with every futile attempt to pick up the goddamn book.

A giggle sounded from behind him,as he turned to give the person behind him a piece of his mind.

Sania always tried her best to look normal.

She always wore proper clothes,always ate her meals her on time,and always listened to mama.

She had a bath every day,did her lessons and said her prayers.

But she was wrenched out of the world she was built to believe in,and she thought maybe if she tried to hide it,it would get better.

A jar of glue,a ton of popsicle sticks and an hour later,she gave up on building the wall that would protect her from the world.

So she built other ones.

Around her heart,in her mind.

When she was younger,she'd wondered why she had to build her heart a wall when it already had a cage.

She'd remembered somewhere that your heart never belongs to you,and they were entrapped in cages-but they said that when you met the one,the one your heart truly belonged to-that your heart would thrashing wildly against it's cage,begging to be let out.

She always thought she was kinda stupid,kinda ugly.

Like no one ever understood her,like no one ever would.

Sania found herself in books.

Mainly hard backed books with slightly yellowed pages,in a comfortable chair with a hot cup of coffee.

But she was always null,always void.

That is,until he tripped his way into her life and swung all her planets of their orbit.