Too Late

Sebastian paced the apartment, worry clouding his brain. He had woken up to an empty bed, with Jim nowhere to be found. As he racked his brain to try and figure out where he could be, he glanced over at the side table.

His gun was missing.

The plan.

The plan Jim had promised not to go through with, the plan on top of the hospital, the plan that needed a gun to work. That plan.

Sebastian grabbed his jacket, pulled on his shoes and ran. He ran down the stairs, out of the building, and ran toward the hospital as fast as he could. He shoved his way through the crowds, worry eating at him every step of the way.

As he neared the hospital, he saw two figures in top of the roof. They seemed to be talking, with one much more eccentric than the other.

Jim.

He was still alive, there was still time.

Sebastian neared towards the hospital, and walked in. He slipped past the employees and went into the roof access. Once he was in the stairwell, he sprinted up it, making a silent prayer Jim was still alive. He was at the second to last flight in no time.

A gunshot rang out.

Sebastian ran onto the roof,and ducked behind an air conditioning unit.

Don't be dead

Sherlock called John.

Don't be dead

Sherlock said something to john, and John protested against it.

Don't be dead

Sherlock jumped.

He ran out onto the roof, and stopped cold. Jim was laying lifeless on the ground, a pool of blood around his head.

Sebastian's gun in his hand.

Slowly, Sebastian walked towards him. His hands were shaking, and he felt tears building up in his eyes. He dropped to his knees and gently stroked Jim's face. It was cold and dead.

The tears he had been holding back streamed down his face, and he began to sob. He buried his face into Jim's chest.

Too late