Come back

Sebastian rolled over for what must have been the hundredth time and stared at the wall. It was 5:00 am and he still hadn't gotten any sleep.

Deciding that sleep wasn't going to happen any time soon, he pulled out his phone. For some unknown reason, he ended up in his gallery. Mostly it was pictures of motorcycles and guns he liked. Then he came to something that made him stop.

The video was frozen on a single moment, waiting for him to press play. In it, it showed Jim, genuinely smiling, which was not something he did often. He thought he'd deleted all the videos. After a few seconds consideration, Sebastian pressed play.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear kitten," sung Sebastian from behind the camera. He put the cake down on the kitchen island in front of Jim.

Jim rolled his eyes. "Tiger, I don't even want to know how you found out my birthday."

Sebastian laughed. "Happy birthday to you!"

The video ended. Sebastian went to the next video,which showed a door.

Sebastian opened the door to Jim's office. Jim was slumped over his desk, passed out from exhaustion.

"Jim."

Jim didn't move.

"Jim," said Sebastian, shaking Jim's arm, "Jim. Jim. Jim."

"I swear to god if you died while I was in the next room-"

Jim opened his eyes. "Hey sebby."

"Come on, you're going to bed," said Sebastian, and he pulled Jim up.

Once again, the video ended. Sebastian went on to the final video.

Jim was mumbling something, but when he saw the camera he stopped.

"Keep singing," Said Sebastian, "You're really good."

Jim sighed and Smiled at Seb.

" Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you"

The video ended, and Sebastian noticed sunlight streaming through the window. He rolled over and stared at the skyline that was softly lit with the sun.
His gaze landed on one particular building, and all the happiness that he had felt while watching the videos left him, like a deflating balloon.

Sebastian stared at the hospital and felt tears build up in his eyes. He muttered something barely louder than a whisper.

"Come back."