Stay With Me

Sebastian walked up behind Jim and wrapped his arms around Jim's waist. Jim tensed up, and he placed his head on top of Jim's.  "It's only me, Kitten."

"Tiger, Don't," said Jim, still tense. Stress pummeled his head like a thousand bullets striking it all at once.

Sebastian sighed. "Jim, please."

"I'm not changing my mind," said Jim. He slipped out of Sebastian's grasp. He averted his gase, not wanting to look at his sniper. He'd fallen apart, and he hated it.

"There has got to be another -"

"THERE IS NO OTHER WAY!"

Jim never got angry at Sebastian, no matter what he did. Sebastian was his Tiger, a reason to control himself. The game had torn all that careful control to bits, leaving a shattered Moriarty in its wake.

Sebastian stepped back and Jim stormed towards him. "You think I like this plan? That I want it? I hate it. I don't want to leave you, I never wanted it to come to this."

"I need you so much, Tiger. I never want to hurt you. You are the only person who's ever been able to break me, to see as much as you have. You think I'd honestly take that all away if I had a choice? I don't get a choice this time Tiger."

"Why tell me then?! Why let me suffer knowing that in a couple of days, this will be gone? This, all of this, everything I love about you, everything I care about will be gone," said Sebastian. He looked down at the floor. "You'll be gone."

Jim lances his fingers in between Sebastian's, stepping close and looking at the floor. "I know, Tiger, I know."

Jim put his other hand on Sebastian's waist and swayed softly.

"What are you-"

"Dance with me, Tiger."

Jim looked up and smiled at Sebastian, hiding the tears in his eyes. The pair stood in the middle of the kitchen, both their hearts scattered on the floor, dancing to silent music.

"Wise men say"

Sebastian looked down. Jim was singing.

"Only fools rush in"

Jim looked up at Sebastian. The tears he had trying to hold in fell, and he began to shake.

"Shall I stay?"

"Stay with me, Jim," said Sebastian.

"Would it be a sin"

"I can't," said Jim, his voice cracking and laced with pain.

"If I can't help falling in love with you?"

"I love you," said Sebastian.

The forbidden words. Three words, words that Jim vowed never to say, and Sebastian tried to avoid.

But there wasn't much to worry about if you're going to die in two days.

"I love you too, Tiger,"

"I can't help falling in love with you."