Chapter 19: Family Feud

They walked up to Winters, not really knowing what to expect.

"Winters," April said.

"Looks more like fall. Get it?" Mikey responded.

"Mikey, remember our talk," Donnie warned.

They all looked to see Aguila, looking down at them.

"Looks like someone got to him before us," Casey pointed out as Aguila walked away.

"Is he dead?" April asked.

Mikey grabbed one of Casey's hockey sticks and gently nudged Winters, but there was no response.

"Not so immortal, huh, dudes?" Mikey asked.

Then Winters jolted awake, making everyone scream. He breathed heavily as the others just stared at him.

"Your time's run out, Winters," April said.

"Miss O'Neil. I must have hit my head pretty hard. I'm seeing giant turtles," Winters replied.

"We know what you're up to, Winters. We know about the portal and we think that it's time you sent all these monsters home," April remarked.

That's when the Foot were able to come in and hear what was going on.

"I couldn't agree with you more. It is time to put an end to the curse that I have brought upon myself and this world. That's what this is about, Miss O'Neil: penance. I must return all 13 beasts or our curse will continue. And that is a torment I can no longer bear," Winters explained.

"Then you should be put out of your misery," Aguila responded dangerously as he and the other generals entered.

"I think we walked in on a family feud, guys," Leo pointed out.

"The time has come to reopen the portal and rain destruction upon the Earth," Aguila continued.

"Nothing will stand in our way when we have an army at our command," Gato added.

"My brothers, I-" Winters began.

"We are no brothers to you!" Aguila shouted.

"With one monster still free, the curse will never be broken," Gato growled.

"We shall finish what we began all those years ago. And we will finally have our victory!" the female general, Serpiente, said.

"Join us. Join us, Foot Clan. Swear your allegiance to us and no harm will befall you," Aguila promised.

"The Foot ninja is not without honor. We work for Winters, not you," Karai answered then signaled to her Foot ninjas to head out.

"Okay, what does that mean?" April asked, confused.

"It means we're going to help you. My ninja will find the last monster and you will bring it back here. Hurry, we don't have much time," Karai explained and she and a Foot ninja ran off.

Winters nodded for April to go and she nodded back then followed them. Jamie asked Casey for them to wait up for her and he agreed.

"Hey. I got shotgun!" he called.

"Raph, I'm going with them. I think I know what monster they're talking about," she said.

"Okay. But be careful," he requested.

She held his hand then replied while smirking, "I make no such promises."

He chuckled as she ran after April, Casey, Karai, and the Foot ninja.

"Forget about them. By the time they return, the portal will already be closed, with you inside it," Aguila growled.

"I hate to see brothers fight like this," Donnie groaned.

"Unless it's together," Raph pointed out and they all nodded.

They each got in front of a general and drew their weapons.

"Hate to rain on your parade, pal, but we thought we'd even the odds," Raph smirked.

"We're going to enjoy this," Aguila remarked.

The generals attacked first and the turtles started fighting them off. Winters wanted to help, but Splinter lowered his staff in front of him.

"If you please. They can defeat them. They are a team," Splinter insisted.

"Let's hope so, because if not, Aguila will use the portal to draw forth an army of evil and the world will be lost. More beasts. Let's send them back where they belong," Winters explained as one of the cages went into the portal and more started coming out.

"Let's do this," Skylar smirked.

The turtles took on the following general: Donnie on Mono, Mikey on Serpiente, Leo on Gato, and Raph on Aguila. Donnie dodged an attack from Mono and jammed his bō staff into his foot.

"Temper, temper," Donnie teased while Mono growled.

Leo was fighting well against Gato as their swords clanged against each other. When Leo went for an attack, Gato kicked him in the plastron into a display of swords. When he recovered he got an idea.

He wore all the swords and said, "Come to daddy."

Raph lead Aguila up the stairs as he blocked his attacks.

"Thing about you immortal stone guys is you know, you're immortal and made of stone," Raph commented then realized, "I sound like Mikey."

"You fight well. You should join us. And I believe your little girlfriend would love to do the same with you on our side," Aguila said while Raph blocked his attack.

Raph shoved him back and replied, "No, thanks, I'm good. And my girlfriend would never do that either."

Aguila tried to hit Raph again, but he blocked it and threw him over the edge. Sadly, he landed on his feet and Raph groaned at that, but jumped down to continue the fight.

"These guys really don't die. Sensei, are you all right?" Mikey asked, fighting off Serpiente.

Splinter chuckled and answered, "We must do this more often."

Then he kicked a monster back into the portal and landed back on his feet.

"I still got it!" he cheered.

"Best. Sensei. EVER!" Skylar remarked.

Leo and Raph were next to each other as they continued to fight off Gato and Aguila.

"They'd better hurry with that last monster," Leo commented.

"I'm sure my man Casey's got it all under control," Raph responded.

"That's what I'm afraid of," Leo answered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Holding off the generals is one thing, but tracking and luring the 13th monster seems out of the equation. What do you think?