Party of a Death-Time

Elana put the pizza into the oven, which she finally learned how to work thanks to Laura. It was a week after they first met and only yesterday had the two girls officially moved in. Elana and Laura had taken the two apparent guestrooms, leaving the rest untouched. They had purchased groceries and since Laura was terrible at cooking and wanted pizza, and Elana wanted to cook, Elana decided to make pizza.

Laura sat, watching the news, her thoughts elsewhere. Elana sat down beside her.

"Whatcha thinking about?" She asked, pulling her hair out of her face.

"There are so many things I need to do," she sighed. "My younger brother is still in New York, and I need to check up on him. I need to see if Deaton is still here, or if Satomi has seen anything related to that deer. And the full moon's coming up so I need to find someplace to keep you safe... Ugh, I don't know... I'm a terrible alpha."

"What you need right now is to not stress. We'll figure it out after we settle down. And don't worry about the full moon, this is staying on," Elana said playing with her necklace.

"I appreciate you letting me stay," Laura said, smiling sadly.

"No problem. Hufflepuff's always help others."

"Hufflepuff?"

"Oh. My school team thing. I guess."

Laura smiled sadly. "You're going to go back in August, aren't you."

"Actually, I thought about that, and I think I can be going back and forth, one month at a time. Or a set period of time. But to both places, it'll feel like I've always been there. It's just me who misses people. The thing is, I cannot die," she said, grinning softly.

"What are you going to do about those people?" Laura asked, reaching out to squeeze her hand. Elana took a big breath.

"I don't think they'll bother me while I'm at school, it's pretty safe. But they can do the time thing as well. So, I probably won't be safe until I deal with them."

"You're going to kill them?"

"As much as I want to, no. Murder isn't the answer. I'm going to send them to Azkaban."

"Azkawhat?"

"Wizard prison."

"Interesting."

"I read it's really terrible. There's these things that suck all the happiness out of you."

"... Never mind," she grinned, shutting off the TV. There was ding from the oven.

"Pizzaaaa!" Elana sang, skipping away.

~O~

"Arghhhh, what the bloody hell even is this stuff?!" Elana cried exasperatedly, setting the eyeshadow pallette on the sink counter and covering her forehead. Laura peeked in from the door.

"Struggling?"

"More like dying," Elana said, looking to face her. "This is way harder than drawing."

"This is more like calligraphy," Laura said, stepping in the bathroom and pulling Elana's hair out of her face. She laughed. "You don't do eyeshadow first."