Adorkable

Elana woke up in the middle of the night on the couch, to a frightened Laura coming in through the front door.

"What happened?" She asked in shock, seeing Laura lean on the door frame.

"Hunters... They're here," she managed as Elana studied her wounds.

"Here? In Beacon Hills?" She asked.

"No, in your house," she rolled her eyes as Elana looked up at her in alarm. "Yes, in Beacon Hills."

"They hit you?"

"Was a warning shot. But it had something on it. Not wolfsbane, but it'll take longer to heal," she murmured.

"Forget healing," Elana murmured, pulling out her wand from her bun. "Tergeo. Vulnera Sanentur."

The wounds cleaned out and disappeared. Elana smiled in satisfaction and drowsily got up walking up the stairs, into her room. She wrapped herself in the covers and was lulled back to sleep.

~O~

"I decided I'm going to stay here until next year, then go back and go through my fifth year, then come back for eleventh grade, then sixth year, then twelfth, then seventh year."

"Nice," Laura said, eating her breakfast. "In that case, I'll have to enroll you in the school here."

"Which one?"

"I was thinking Devenford since it's not that far, but a bunch of people there are pricks. Plus you probably want to be with your cousin. So, Beacon Hills High School."

"Is it a nice school?"

Laura shrugged, "Its okay. I went there."

"Okay," Elana said, finishing her breakfast by downing a cup of milk.

~O~

"Hello," Elana said awkwardly, looking up from the book she was "reading" on Jackson's curb.

"What are you doing?" Isaac asked her, his blue eyes reflecting the sunlight of the sunny day. Yes, it was summertime and she was sitting out there in that heat.

"I am merely reading this wonderful book."

"You're spying on me," Isaac said.

"No, I'm not."

"You've been out here for three days."

"Ah, so you have noticed."

"It's hard not to, with all of this."

Elana raised her eyebrow at him, "You just gestured to all of me."

He sighed, "What do you want?"

"Me? Now that you've asked... Do you want to go on a picnic with me?"

"A date?" He asked, raising his eyebrow.

"No. I am merely just getting to know you better, Mr. Lahey," Elana said, shutting her book gently and letting her green eyes bore into him.

He gave her a lopsided smile, "What do you have in mind?"

~O~

Elana took a bite of her sandwich as she examined Isaac's art.

"You're good at realism, not impressionism," she noted, looking at the picture of the couple in the distance, also enjoying the now mild weather in the park.

"What?"

"You like to be in motion, to move. Your sketches are short and loud, popping out of the photo. I'll bet you even play a sport," Elana said, comparing the very close drawings.