~Annika: Chapter 9~

I was beyond angry. How dare he sit there and try to kill off his own race! I could feel power beginning to rush through me, heating me up and igniting my veins with pure adrenaline. I was ready for a fight with this gorgeous boy I had, hours before, thought I could befriend... but I guess not. I gulped and for a moment I saw a flash of fear in Shayne's eyes as he stared into mine. After a moment, I realized that my eyes had changed colors. It was pitch black. I could feel my father's hand on my shoulder, trying to soothe me, but I was beyond soothing at this point... I felt utterly betrayed. He was the first person I had thought I could trust after everything that happened to me in my life. My mother was long gone, I had just found the father that had abandoned me so long ago for my 'safety'; my foster parents were murdered, and now... Shayne, the sexiest guy I had ever had the pleasure to lay eyes upon, wants me dead. I was too over the top and I felt as if I were about to burst.

I could feel myself beginning to rise into the sky and Shayne's eyes following my movements in awe. I had absolutely no idea what was going on, but at this moment, I didn't really care. I just wanted to hurt him like he wanted to do me. Shayne seemed to finally snap out of it, knowing that a fight was about to be ensured with me.

"Annika!" I heard my name being yelled out. I was about to ignore it, but it held demand and I knew that it was my father. Scathingly, I snapped my gaze towards him, accidentally letting a growl slip through. "Calm. Down." He said, his eyes piercing mine. I wanted to listen, but my body had other ideas. I gave him an apologetic look before turning my gaze back towards Shayne who had seemed to take that one moment to attack. I was suddenly hit with a huge force. I bit my lip to stop myself from crying out in pain. He had hit me with a fireball when I had turned to talk to my father. I felt a sting and then a soothing feeling came over me and I noticed that I was beginning to heal. I smirked at Shayne as he looked at me incredulously. I charged towards him before he could pull himself together and I knocked him onto the ground, slipping my soft, slender hands around his neck. Slowly, I pushed the heated feeling in veins outwards and Shayne let out a hiss of agony as my fingers began burning his neck. I was suddenly pushed violently away from him. At first I had thought it was my father, but my father wasn't close enough to do that. Slowly, I let my gaze slip back towards Shayne.

Shayne had sat up a little and was holding his sore neck. He had healed as well, I noticed when his fingers left his neck. The only thing left from me was a red mark in the shape of my small hands. Hmmm... I guess I wasn't the only special one here. Then again, I was able to sense that he was a demon, which was funny because I don't even think that my father had known that Shayne was a demon. Was there something special about Shayne like there's something special about me?

Slowly, not taking my eyes off of Shayne for a second, I rose from the spot I had been shoved and walked towards him. He rose as well, getting ready to ward off another one of my hits if that was the case. I chuckled softly at how edgy he seemed. He looked at me a little confused as to why I was chuckling to myself. I finally made my way towards him and smiled. Leaning towards him, I whispered into his ear.

"You're not just a regular demon are you?" He stiffened at my closeness and then paused a moment more before responding, a little uncertainty in his voice.

"I'm... I'm not quite sure what I am. I had just figured out... never mind, it's none of your business we need to finish this." He said, knowing that we were digressing from the fight. I rolled my eyes playfully at him.

"Oh...?" I asked innocently. "I'm bored of the fight, how about we play another game?" I smirked wickedly at him as I said this. He visibly gulped, showing me just how nervous he was around me. I stepped a couple steps backwards and glanced towards my father. He seemed to be studying us curiously. When he noticed me looking, I raised an eyebrow in question. He shrugged and that was when I felt like I was falling. The jerk tackled me! I'll kill him!

I turned my raging eyes towards his about to let him have it, but he seemed to be lost in thought, staring at my face, as if studying every angle of it. I was beginning to get restless. Suddenly, he was being lifted off of me, and I knew it was me who was doing it for some reason. He seemed to snap out of his daze then and notice what was happening. I glared fiercely at him.

"I tell you that I don't want to fight and the moment I turn my back on you, you tackle me!" I yell, infuriated once more. He seemed to realize what just happened and rolled his eyes at me. He looked away and with my mind I lifted him up more, allowing him to hover above me. I smirked at him and a look of horror came onto his face. "It's time to play pretty boy." I whispered to him and then I flung him up into the sky. I did this several times, stopping him just before he hit the ground and then repeating the process. He seemed to be emotionally exhausted by the time I was done doing that and I flung him towards a tree, making him crash into it. I walked towards him then, anger still coursing through me. It was as if I was possessed or something! As I stalked closer to my so-called 'prey', I could practically taste the panic in his and it seemed to drive me towards him even more. It was as if I were sanguinary and unable to control my lust for Shayne's blood. It was then, that I saw the look on his face and it was slowly going from shock to a bloody smirk.