~Shayne: Chapter 14~

As I dropped into the black void, I saw nothing at first, but then I saw the back of a man and Annika in his grasp. Anger coursed through me then, and I tried to speed up my fall to match theirs. They seemed to be arguing, but I couldn't really tell. It was then that I knew that my attempts at getting closer worked. I shoved her captor away from her as we plummeted into the water.

I turned to see who the hell dared to take her, surprised when I saw that it was Keon. He was the one who was supposed to kill her, but he had disappeared after he had murdered her foster parents. Anger coursed through me as well as curiosity as to why he had disappeared.

"Where the hell have you been? And why are you stealing what is mine?!" I hollered, anger rising in me as we began to fight.

"Well, I was laying low because I didn't know where she was, but I knew she would turn up some time. And stealing what is yours? Please," He scoffed. "Who are you to boss me around when I should be killing you as well?!" He hollered now, his anger beginning to rise. I scoffed at him then, but instead of replying I punched him in the face. I was trying to summon some powers, but I was unable to do so at this moment. I was too worked up to concentrate. I tried to see where Annika had gone, but I couldn't really concentrate as the fight began to increase.

I heard a familiar voice shouting my name in the background, but I couldn't concentrate on the voice; I had to kill this guy. Suddenly, a small figure entered in the middle of us. Keon shoved it and just as I was about dunk whatever it was for getting in the way, I noticed the black haired beauty. I stopped abruptly, thinking about how stupid she was for doing something like that. Keon and I had both turned to look at this enchanting beauty and I knew that he was as much entranced by her as I was in that moment. She rolled her eyes and then turned towards Keon innocently.

He seemed to still be entranced by her, but instead of not doing anything, she dunked him fiercely and then grabbed hold of my hand, making a run for it... or well, swim. I rushed with her, not feeling like fighting anymore with her right here in the middle of everything. That was when she opened up her mouth and began with the questions.

"How the hell did you end up coming here? Where is this place anyways?" She had now let go of my hand unconsciously and I began to swim on my own. I pondered on how to answer her questions correctly.

"Hmmm... well, I jumped into the portal before it closed and then began following your trail. I'm not quite sure where we are actually, but I do know who that guy back there is." She pondered this silently, most likely having more questions surface with my response. Man... I should have been more descriptive!

"Who is he? How do you know him?" She asked, still seeming to be lost in thought as well. I wonder what she could be thinking about at this moment. I then decided to answer her.

"His name is Keon. He was said to have disappeared just recently. He was the first person who had been sent to assassinate you. He went missing, and in turn, I was sent to finish his work. When I had gotten there though, you were gone and the people who lived with you were all murdered. That's when I found a picture of you and knew that you were the girl I was supposed to... assassinate." I murmured the last part, ashamed that I even thought of assassinating her after I found out who she was. She nodded in understanding before she spoke again.

"Wait, if you two are both supposed to assassinate me... then why were you guys fighting?" I thought about this for a moment, not sure how to exactly put this correctly. I didn't exactly want to sound as if I was really into her at this moment. I didn't even know how she felt about me, and then there was the fact that she didn't like that we were destined to be together. This was probably why I felt drawn to her, but thinking about it... I probably would have been drawn to her in the first place.

"Well, I have decided that I'm not all that sure whether I want to really assassinate you anymore. I mean, we're both part of the same species and it would be dumb anyway, because I was going to quit. Plus, I'm still not all too sure on why he had gone through all that trouble just to kidnap you. He's planning something." She nodded and then she seemed to notice that we had reached the shoreline. She then looked back to where Keon stayed; hovering in the water and cursing himself for letting us go so easily. We then got out of the water.

I was surprised when I felt warmth envelop my hand once more. Looking to see what it was, Annika had her hand nestled into my own as if it were natural. She was looking around for a moment before something clicked in her head and she began dragging me in a random direction. I looked at her in absolute awe, blushing when I noticed what I was doing. I then saw a small smile light up her face and felt my heart skip a beat. It's a relief to know that we weren't enemies anymore.

"Where are you taking us?" I asked softly as we ran. She looked back at me for a moment, giving me a glimpse of her bright eyes. I had to get a hold on these emotions! I then focused my attention towards her as she opened her mouth to speak.

"Well... we're obviously going to find a way off this island... or out of this dimension I guess." She said as if it were the most obvious thing known to man. I chuckled at how cute she was, but followed her nonetheless. This was the start of a new friendship I guess. I better not ruin it.