Chapter 3: Light the Fuse

A/N: The song below is Knee Socks by the Arctic Monkeys

[Lauren's POV]

"I got a feeling I might have lit the very fuse

That you were trying not to light"

Never had the lyrics flowing through my earbuds sounded so relatable. Shit, that night when we fooled around seemed to have ignited something inside me and I just couldn't stop thinking about it. I had to constantly remind myself that no, we shouldn't, we couldn't ...

But the image of her silently reaching her climax next to me, biting down on her lip so she wouldn't scream profanities seemed to be etched to the back of my eyelids. As much as I tried I couldn't take her lustful expression out of my head, and the memory was enough to almost make me forget about being rational.

I never had so much fun in an airplane before... Well, me neither, that's for sure.

Camila Cabello was driving me crazy.

And I swear I did my best to try and ignore her, since I knew this couldn't get any further no matter how much I wanted to. Because shit, did I want to make her cum like that again...

But I couldn't ignore the fact that we were freaking bandmates under the eye of a very strict management who wouldn't let us touch each other's shoulders, let alone each other's-

Ugh, I hate this patriarchal heteronormative society so much sometimes. And don't even get me started in this fucking industry, I swear...

Anyways, everything was perfectly fine with my let's-ignore-Camila-forever plan, until of course she had to bring the whole thing up and start arguing, and then tease me like that during dinner and get me all hot and bothered. Seriously, how did she even manage to do that under the table? It had been such a blunt move, and it had me sincerely surprised – and turned on, I admit.

And now this song playing in my phone was making me think of her again, because she did light something inside me earlier tonight and I hadn't been able to turn it off ever since. Those lyrics travelled all the way from my ears to my core, reminding me of the thing we did weeks ago and suddenly the airplane didn't seem as cold as moments before. I couldn't help but turn my head back to search for her.

Just a little glance, I told myself. Just to see what I'm missing.

People on the plane seemed to be already falling asleep, including Normani who was sitting next to me, her mouth agape and limbs curled in a ball. Amongst all those unknown faces my eyes quickly found the girl I was looking for, sitting a few rows behind me next to Sinu in the first aisle to my right.

Camila looked so pretty with her hair caught up in a ponytail, a few locks falling in front of her eyes, her plump lips slightly parted as she watched a movie in the mini TV in front of her.

How can she look so good when I look so tired, I thought, thinking about my messy hair and the bags under my eyes.

Suddenly she seemed to feel my gaze upon her and her brown orbs locked on mine. Busted.

I quickly turned my head, blushing, but in the millisecond before averting my eyes I could swear I saw something in her expression – almost like a dare.

Okay, maybe I shouldn't have looked.

No, I totally shouldn't have looked. Shit.

I brought my focus back to the song playing, trying to forget about her, but as much as I tried Alex Turner's voice wasn't nearly as loud as the growing desire inside of me. Shit.