Chapter 15: Tell Me Pretty Lies

[Camila's POV]

Okay, Camila, breathe.

But it's kinda hard to breathe normally when you're standing at Lauren Jauregui's doorstep. No, not just Lauren Jauregui the singer, Lauren Jauregui the girl you're secretly in love with.

Fuck.

I didn't really know what to expect when I got her "do you wanna come over?" text as soon as I landed in Miami. Was this a bootycall? A date? A friendly encounter? Damn, she could've been more specific. I may be overdressed.

Why am I overthinking so much? It's Lauren, for God's sake, she has seen me on my fours and in many positions I'm not so very proud of.

I had been to her parents' home countless times back in the early Fifth Harmony days, but never to hers. To be honest I didn't really see a point in having my own place, since we barely spent any time at home during the year, but apparently she liked having somewhere of her own. And well, I thank her for that because there is no way I would walk inside Clara Jauregui's residence without having a thousand daggers shot in my face. The woman hates me.

I took a deep breath and rang her bell, nervously shifting body weight from one foot to the other.

I was about to ring it a second time when it flew open, the raven haired girl appearing behind it with a smile. Her hair looked messy and her eyes tired, like she had just woken up from a nap, but she looked just as beautiful.

"Hey—"

I jumped, engulfing her in one of my signature koala hugs before she could finish greeting me. Startled, she stumbled back a few steps before hugging me back.

"I've missed you, you dumb ass bitch," I said on her neck.

"It's only been like, a couple days, Camz."

"Yeah, still."

Lauren chuckled, gently putting me down. She closed the door behind me and I pretended not to notice the stolen glances she threw to my ass. The truth is, I kinda enjoyed the attention.

"Promise me you'll never smoke weed again, Laur, seriously. You're too young to be up in handcuffs."

Unless you're handcuffed to the bed and I'm the one with the key, I completed in my head.

"I won't smoke weed again.... In airports," she smirked.

"Fair enough." I took a good look around. "So this is your place... it's very... you."

Her apartment had large windows and a great view, with a decoration that was what you could call minimalistic – simple with pastel shades, although with a little bit of color here and there. It created a cold atmosphere with certain points of heat. And of course she had added a few hipster touches to it, like her record player and her large collection of vinyl. Lauren had a great eye for interior design, I observed.

"Is that a good thing?" She asked playfully.

"Yeah, I like it."

"Thanks. Feels good to be back home, doesn't it?"

I nodded. The reason we were in Miami was that we had a Jingle Ball concert the next day, the last one before tour ended. My last one with them, I reminded myself.

[Listen to Skin - Rihanna]

"Do you want something to drink? Water, wine maybe?"

"Are you trying to get me drunk, Jauregui?" I smirked.

"Absolutely. What better way to finish a tour than to be completely wasted?"

I smiled softly at her despite the lump forming in my throat. Being in Miami meant way more to me than just "finishing a tour". It meant finishing everything we had together – and by "we" I didn't mean only Fifth Harmony.