Chapter 7

“I've noticed that you and Jonas were avoiding each other. You can correct me if I'm wrong.” Klein asked while we wait for Jonas to bring our orders for our lunch break.

They have already forgotten about their fight last week.

“You're not wrong, we're really avoiding each other”

“Why? Am I missing something in here?” I just shrug to his question. “I thought we're friends, I don't get it. Why do you both have to keep secrets from me, it's so unfair!” he said, he's being so nosy again.

“We're not hiding secrets from you Klein but it's something that we should fix first and when it's over maybe we could finally tell you.” I force a smile thank God Jonas arrived with our foods.

He set down the tray above the table and sat across me.

I shovel my food into my mouth and we're all quietly eating.

Suddenly Jonas stepped on one of my rubber shoes underneath the table. I didn't say a word so Klein won't notice it. I guess he's trying to catch my attention so I give it to him.

I gave him a stop-trying-to-mess-up-with-me look, but he just stare at my eyes like he's fighting me an eye to eye battle.

He didn't stop, he's trying to play games with me now, but I don't want to play so I moved my foot from his step but he traps it with both of his feet.

My eyes widen as I try to escape from the trap he made and Klein noticed it.

“What's wrong?” he asked as he props his elbow on the table.

“Nothing” my voice dips in sarcasm.”But I guess someone here wants a footsy-footsy” finally I escaped from Jonas' feet between mine. I kicked his leg so hard that he cried in pain. I felt sorry with what I've done.

“Ow” he cries.

“What's a footsy-footsy? And why are you hurt Jonas?” Klein is in real confusion.

I shake my head. “I just lost my appetite. Have my food Klein” I left the table and didn't look back even though I'm slightly worried that I might have kicked Jonas leg so hard and break it...

I hope he'll put ice on it before our vacant time ends.