Epilogue

Jonas

I'm waiting on the train station, it's an open area and it's near the road and the sidewalk.

Kate has just left and I've been waiting in here for almost ten minutes. I find myself smiling because I remember that I hugged her earlier.

I always want to do it to her but I never have the chance, besides, I know that she has a boyfriend.

Her skin's so soft and her hair smells like coconut. But I feel bad that I hug her while she feels so upset, I don't want her to feel like I took the advantage and I took a pass at her, I only want her to feel that I'm here for her whenever she needs me.

A guy walking on the sidewalk that's close to the station caught my attention. I squinted my eyes to see him clearly from the dark. My instincts were right.

It's Marcus.

I ran toward him to tell that Kate has left.

“Marcus!” I shouted and he was taken aback because he fell the folders tucked in his arm and the papers scattered on the ground.

“Oh, I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you” I tried to help him pick up the papers from the ground

“By the way, remember me? I'm Jonas, Kate's friend” I said but he's still not answering, I hand him the papers I've gathered and he nods to me.

“Kate has already left. She waited for you for so many hours but you didn't came, where have you been dude?” I said.

“Well, I guess it's none of your business man” he snaps.

I've notice that there still a small square paper left on the ground.

Marcus and Dorothy's.
Five weeks baby blimp :)

It's written on the front, I pick it up and flip it, it's an ultrasound picture.

Now I finally understand why he didn't show up earlier, this answered my question.

Marcus snatched it from my hand but it's too late. “But Kate?... How about Kate?” I said.

“I'm planning to tell her.” He said defensively. “But I just don't know how. It will break her heart so much and I can't see her cry. This... it's just a mistake” he held the picture.

I don't know what to say I can't also see Kate cry because of this. I have to make sure that she's over him before she knows all about this.

“Then if you can't see her heart break, why did you do it huh?” I said in exasperation

“She never let me touch her. A man has needs Jonas. And it just so happened that Dorothy gave me what she can't give” he mutters.

“It only means that you don't deserve her love and she doesn't deserve you. She needs someone that's better than you. She can't waste her time and love to someone who's already going to be a father.” I tried to be calm.
He breathes heavily.

“That's why I'm going to tell her.”

“When?” I asked

“ When I think I'm ready.”

“Fuck you” I raised my voice to him, and I'm trying not to punch him.

“When you're ready? How can you be so selfish? Tell her now.” I said. “Or else I'll tell her”

“Are you stupid? Go tell her, so she will hate you too. I told you, I can't see her heart breaks, she have loved me for two years, do you think it's that easy? You're not helping man, you're making things worst do you know that?” he mutters.

“I'm not going to run from my responsibilities from Dorothy, I'm just waiting till Kate realize that she doesn't love me anymore. And I don't know how long that would take.”

I shake my head. Maybe he's right, I shouldn't tell her. Instead, I'll make her fall in love with me. And show her that I'm better than Marcus, maybe that would help, besides, I love her too.

I just hope this will work...