Beginnings

Chapter 1

"What do we have?" Olivia asked Fin as she walked out of the elevator at the hospital. "Witness saw a teenage girl, thrown out of a car, said the guy yelled 'hope you learned your lesson bitch' car drove off and he called 911" Fin said as he walked with her to the doctor.

"Did he get the plates?" Liv asked. "No, it was to dark, all he could tell us is it was a black car," "lieutenant," the doctor said approaching. Olivia greeted her and asked what was going on.

"She unconscious probably caused by oxygen deprivation we're not sure when she'll wake up, when she does though she's going to be in a lot of pain. 3 broken ribs with slight injuries to the rest of them. Multiple sab wounds in the thigh and in the stomach, one hit her liver but we were able to patch it up quick enough. Her left arm is broken,she has bite marks on her hips the and it seems as if whoever did this tried to carve a word into her left hip."

"Do we know anything else about this girl?" Olivia asked concerned. Fin shook his head and the doctor continued. "Theres a wrist and collar bone fracture that were never treated, could be signs of possible abuse. We'll do a Rape kit soon." They thanked the doctor and she walked away. They walked into the hospital room and met with Amanda who was waiting. A strange feeling came over Olivia when she saw the girl lying there.

She looked so familiar.

She told Fin and Carisi to go back to where the girl was found to see if anybody else saw anything while Amanda took a DNA sample off the girl so they could get some sort of identification, because the doctor wasn't sure how long it would take the girl to wake up, so they sent off the sample on rushed orders until then there wasn't much they could do except look for more witnesses.

Two days later the girl was still unconscious and Amanda just got the DNA results back. She informed the others who were standing talking about something. She opened the folder and read the piece of paper, as she read she was confused.

"Amanda? What does it say?" Carisi asked, noticing her expression. She handed Olivia the paper without saying a word.

As Olivia scanned the paper she paled and bolted into her office to make a phone call. Ten minutes later she was leaving the precinct. "Rollins come with me, Carisi call the hospital tell them we need the rape kit info, right now!" Carisi nodded even though he was confused. While Rollins jogged to catch up with liv.

"Where are we going?" Amanda asked. "The hospital," Olivia said looking over at her, "To my daughter."

Noticing the confusion Olivia tried to explain.

"17 years ago, i was attacked and.. Raped. I suffered from PTSD, i thought id be able to keep the baby but i couldn't do it..every time i looked at her, at Aleah, i remembered what happened. I had to give her a better chance than a mother who couldn't look at her or help her when she cried. I tried keeping track on her, making sure she was safe but she got new case workers and things got jumbled. They wouldn't give me any information. I wanted to get her back." Olivia explained with tears ready to fall. Rollins put her hand on liv's arm, "We'll find whoever did this." Olivia nodded and wiped her tears.

At the hospital they were met with a woman waiting outside Aleah's room. "Are you her case worker?" Olivia asked. "Thats right, im Christie Richards." The woman extended her hand.

"Lieutenant Benson, this is detective Rollins." "We're gonna have to ask you some questions," Rollins told her. They all sat down.

Olivia and Amanda got their notebooks out. "Whens the last time you saw or spoke to Aleah?" Christie thought for a second, "About 3 weeks ago with my monthly check in, with her foster parents. Louise and Mark Wade." "We're gonna need their address,"
Christie gave the address and Olivia texted it to fin along with the foster parents names and told him to go speak to them.