something

Chapter 18

Olivia glanced at her daughter who was strolling past her, wearing spongebob pajama bottoms munching on an apple.

"Is that what you're wearing?"

Aleah stopped to look at Olivia, slightly confused, she looked down at her clothes, "what do you mean?" She muttered.

Olivia was confused now too, "your date? Is that still on or?"

"Oh shit!" Aleah gasped and ran off to her room.

Olivia chuckled, about to go back to watching the movie when Aleah came running back into the living room area, "I didn't forget," she said, as if she was trying to convince both of them. Then she calmly walked away again.

"She forgot," Olivia mumbled.

30 minutes  later there was a soft knock on the door. Liv stood up and grabbed her badge, hooking it in its usual spot, just for effect.

Liv opened the door with a smile, "Hi, you must be Nathan. I'm Olivia Benson."

The nervous boy nodded, "Hi ma'am, it's nice to meet you."

"Come on in Aleah will be done in a minute," Olivia stepped aside, Nathan timidly walked past and into the apartment, taking a glace at the shining badge on his way in.

Olivia sat on the chair, Nathan sat on the couch. The Lieutenant had a plan to be just a little intimidating but still friendly, just to get the message across.

"So Nathan, where are you two going?"

"Uh..t-to the movies ma'am."

Aleah walked out, "Oh you two have met, thats great. We can go now Nate," she said wanting to leave the situation asap.

Olivia chuckled, "you don't want to stay and chat for a bit?"

"Bye mom,"

The mother and daughter duo paused to stare at each other for a second, both of them surprised at what came out of Aleah's mouth.

"Uh..." Aleah started, "Yeah see you later."