Going back

Chapter 3.

Olivia got hold of Aleah's new social worker, Kelly Bridges to inquire about something she'd been thinking about for a few days, Kelly, was polite enough to give Olivia 10 minutes of her time.

"How may i help you lieutenant?" The smiling red head asked.

"As i said on the phone, im Aleah's biological mother and i like her back into my custody. I dont want her to go back into the system," Olivia declared.

Kelly looked thoughtfully at Olivia for a minute, took a huge gulp of coffee and then, finally, nodded. "Thats doable but, she'd still have to go into the system until the motion is declared by the court to give you full custody back."

"I have a fostering license though, couldn't she be placed by me until i get custody back?"

"You have a fostering license?"

"I had to foster a kid a few years ago, i kept it valid in case another case like that came up."

"Well im going to go down and talk with Aleah in a few hours, I'll ask her what she thinks and I’ll let you know," Kelly spoke as she got out of her chair, "in the meantime, study up lieutenant." She smiled and dropped a yellow file in front of Olivia.

"Thank you," Olivia gathered the file and rushed back to the precinct to work on the new case they just got in.
    ______________________________

Aleah wasn't sure how to feel about this new social worker, she was way better than the last one though because she obliviously cared.
"So, she wants me back now?" the girl asked.

"You'd be surprised how much that actually happens, when birthparents fight for custody back it gets messy sometimes but it doesn't have to be that way with you. Unfortunately, you don't have a say on whether or not Olivia gets full custody but you can decide if you'd like to be placed in her foster care or rather get placed somewhere else for the meantime."

The fact that Olivia had once fostered another child yet gave her own child away stung a bit Aleah, but she pushed it to the back of her mind.

Olivia seemed genuine and trustworthy and she'd much rather take her chances with Olivia than another random couple.

Although something deep down was telling Olivia was only doing this out of pitty, she agreed to go stay with Olivia.

"What happens now?" she asked kelly. "I get the ball rolling, I'll set up a home inspection and when you get discharge from this place you go home with Olivia. I'll also ask her to go get all your stuff for you." Kelly smiled. "Things will be better now sweetheart."

'i hope so,' the teenager thought to herself.  
    ______________________________

It was 7pm, after she'd been cleared int he home inspection when Olivia met with Luca outside the apartment Aleah stayed in, she asked him to collect Aleah's things with her so she'd know what to take. "Thank you for coming Luca," "no problem," he smiled. The quickly climbed the stairs, coming to a stop in front of number 12. Taking a deep breath Olivia unlocked the door, they stepped over the yellow police tape and headed further inside. The both grimaced at the scene.

"Her rooms this one," Luca said, he just wanted to get this over with. Fast. The room was quite small, a closet by the door, a bed in the corner and a desk. On the walls were a few pictures of Aleah and her friends, a few posters and a lot of drawings and paintings, they were beautiful.

"I'll take these down, you get the clothes? There should be a school duffel bag in there."

Olivia nodded and walked over the the closet. After a few minutes she was already done, next she put a box onto the desk and started packing art supplies and sketch books into it along with a few school books and novels. And that was it. Her daughters belongings fit in a duffle bag and a box.

"Luca, do you think she'll be okay with me?" Olivia couldn't help but ask.
After reading Aleah's file all the way through, she wanted to try and make it all better, maybe even just wrap her daughter in a blanket and hold her forever.

Luca sensed the seriousness of the question and he had to bite his tongue in order not to say 'it couldn't get much worse than murderous weirdo for a foster dad right?'
Instead he gave a genuine smile and said; "I really think she will."

"Thank you," "shit i almost forgot!" Luca placed his hand under the bed and pulled out a skateboard that looked one fall away from falling apart. "Right, thats it lieutenant, lets go."

A/N: just a little bit of a filler chapter. Any feed back or criticism is welcome. Thanks for reading!