Just like you.

Chapter 16

Instead of staying alone at home on a Saturday Aleah decided to go to the precinct with Olivia (she was a bit scared of staying alone). Both of them had tired expressions from the E.R visit in the early hours of the morning.

Olivia had several meetings in her office all morning, so Aleah was keeping herself busy at one of the open desks next to Amanda's.

At first she was texting her friends and getting caught up on social media, then she was doodling she even tried studying. But time seemed to be moving extra slow.

Eventually she let the boredom consume her, she put her earphones in, blared music and stared into space waiting for time to pass.

The squad was gathered around the boards to go over the trial information for the following week. Once they were done they started clearing out one by one.

Olivia though, was leaning against a desk studying the board, checking if she'd missed anything. When Barba looked up from packing his files he had both the mother and daughter in his view.

He smiled, amused at the duo. Both of them had the same deeply concentrated looks on their faces, squinting their eyes and slightly biting their lip.

Olivia finally noticed the look on Barba's face, "what?"

Barba nodded his head in Aleah's direction, still smiling.

"She's just like you."

AN: short filler for you. Sorry for the late update :( my bitch ass lungs suck at doing their job this time of year.