Blame.

Chapter 11.

"How's Aleah doin?" Rollins asked.

Her and Liv were driving back to the precinct.

"She had her first therapist appointment yesterday, he put her on anxiety meds. And wrote me this whole letter,"

"What did it say?"

"Basically just things I should expect to stay happening now that she's finally opening up about the rape."

"she hasn't done that in the last few weeks?" Olivia shook her head. "She was acting as if nothing happened and as if she was okay, I can't believe I let her, I mean I've been through this with so many of our victims. I knew she was doing it I just didn't think it through properly. I should have let her talk to someone sooner."

"Liv," Amanda started, "you can not blame yourself, you just wanted her to be okay."

"I just want everything to be okay. I have to go to court in a three weeks to see if I can get custody back," she sighed.

Olivia's phone rang. "Benson." "Hello Ms Benson, im calling from Pearson Academy high school. The principal is requesting you come down to see him as soon as possible."

"Is everything okay?"

"Aleah got into some trouble,"

"Okay I'll be right there."

She ended the call and looked over at Rollins, "can we make a stop at Aleah's school?"

As Olivia made her way through the school's reception area she noticed a boy sitting on a bench, holding an ice pack to his left eye.

"Hi, im Olivia Benson," the lady behind the desk gave a tight lipped smile, "Aleah is in the office already you can just go in," she pointed towards the door.

Liv walked in, not really sure what to expect.

"Thank you for joining us I'm principal Allen, please take a seat." The principal was a tall, tired looking man who wore a red bow tie. "Please, call me

Olivia took a side glance at her daughter trying to make eye contact but Aleah was staring at her lap.

"So, Aleah here got into a fight earlier, we know that the other person involved, Ruben Fuller, made some very inappropriate comments towards Aleah. Non the less, we do not tolerate violence here so I've decided that she will be suspended for three days and she'll have to report to Friday detention next week."

Olivia nodded, "and this kid Ruben?"

"Ruben has also been dealt with, I assure you."

Soon Olivia was back at the front desk signing the release papers. The boy sitting on the bench was still there, glaring at Aleah. "Bitch," he mumbled under his breath.

Olivia whipped around. "Wanna say that again buddy?"

He just looked away.

"Didn't think so."