Part 3

Out of concern, her heart filled with so many emotions for him but hatred, she asks, almost pleads as if she is desperate to help him. She can't see him in pain for any longer,

"Main laga dun?"

"Nahi theek hai!",

he refuses to take her help, not because he would hate it if she would help him but because he doesn't want to bother her. Can he for once think about himself? Can he for once stop being so particular about making her feel comfortable in everyway possible?

Kashish extends her hand again, her brows creased, her eyes teary. It takes every ounce of her self control to stop herself from touching him, helping him up till this point of time.

The stubborn Kashish takes over the emotional Kashish again, and without listening to any of his opposes and denials she takes the medicine from him, almost snatches away out of anxiety.

Sitting behind Sujal, she presses the tube to bring out the medicine. She looks at his wound again, it hurts her a fresh again! Her heart starts beating fast. Out of hesitation, she ends up removing the cap of the medicinal tube than caressing his wound.

What exactly did she want to do? Did she want to sooth his pain by caressing it? Or may be kiss away his pain? Or did she want to inflict more pain into him, using some spectacular plan of hers? Does she want to convey this to him now?....

'Jissey nafrat hai usko,
pyar kaise karungi?

Kyun bhala uski khatir,
dil se anhein bharungi?

Ab to uski nakami,
zindagi ka maksad hai.

Itni ho uski tabahi,
jiski na koi hadd hai.

Uss pe hai meri nazar,
ho...
wo chaley jo bhi dagar,
mangu uski barbadi

Thodasa pyar hua tha,
kuch nahi baki'

~*~*~*~

As she puts the medicine on his wound lightly, he hisses in pain. That makes her to shiver as well. Sitting behind him, she looks at him with sorrowful eyes. Sujal shuts his eyes tightly in order to bear the pain.

'Mujhey to khush hona chahiye! Issi haal mein hi to dekhna chahti thi main Sujal ko! Issi tarah, tadapte hue! Fir main kyun khush nahi?',

thinks a confused Kashish, whilst applying medicine on Sujal's wound. How ironic it is, the one who wanted to see him in pain; bruised, is the one applying medicines on his wound! Is the one who is unable to bear his pain! Is the one who is shivering even at his minute hiss!

'Kyun kiya usne mere liye ye sub? Kyun usne mere liye apna ye haal...',

thinks Kashish.

And unable to control herself any longer, she ends up weeping!

Why today her tears are not out of remembrance of her ex-husband? Someone she can never forget! Where is that pativrata patni, Piyush ki vidhwa, Kashish Raheja? Why is she not taking it as a sin to touch a man other than her husband? How can she forget even for a moment, her motive behind marrying Sujal? Her motive of ruining his life? Come on, she is stronger than this! Piyush ki taakat, Piyush ki dharampatni, Piyush ka pyar, Kashish, can never fail him in anything! So what if the same Kashish failed her first lover Sujal in every step, post her marriage with Piyush! So what if it didn't take even a moment for her to consummate her marriage with Piyush, forgetting about Sujal completely, as if he doesn't exist at all!

He who loves her from all his heart; he who belongs to her till eternity, where is he wrong that he has to bear the loneliness forever? Even after getting married to her, with no force applied on her to marry him? Even for few moments can she consider this selfless man, who loves her completely, madly, as her husband? Can she give him all the rights that he deserves to get as her husband? Can she for once keeping aside her ego can understand the depth of his feelings for her?

As Sujal hears Kashish, weeping, it hurts him to the core. But he doesn't make any effort to comfort her, he knows his limits. He looks at weeping Kashish through the mirror placed in front of him. He doesn't make any effort yet, to rub off the tears. The tears which are so precious to him; the tears that he vowed to himself when he fell in love with Kashish, he won't ever let them come in her eyes, let alone fall! So why today did he not rub off her tears before they even fall down completely?

Sometimes it becomes necessary to hurt someone, to let them feel the pain, to know the depth of their feelings towards you. If they hate you, they will put all the effort in return, and do whatever is necessary to see you in pain. And if they don't hate you; if they can't see you in pain; if it hurts them too when you get hurt; if they love you or even if those feelings for you are blossoming in their heart gradually, they won't be able to stand seeing you in pain! How much they say that it doesn't matter to them if you are hurt, if you are crying; but deep down they do get affected! They do care; their hearts do clench when you hiss in pain. Is this what is happening with Kashish too? But then she guarantees that she doesn't love Sujal; she is only the widhwa of Piyush!

Is she in.... Nah!!! What are we even thinking!

~*~*~

Resting her head on his back she continues weeping, louder than before, her emotion at its peak.

And how can it not affect Sujal, Kashish's tears? After holding his emotions for this long, Sujal's eyes well up too. And the unexpected happens! Something she wouldn't have thought even in her dreams! Something she would have considered as sin until today. She slowly places a sweet kiss around his wound, crying throughout. Her eyes closed, as she sinks in the pool of emotions. It wasn't a quick one, it was slow. It wasn't just a mere kiss, it held all her buried feelings for this man, which were reaching the surface of her heart again, afresh.

When she entered the room and saw him in his state of hurt and pain, did she think that this is where it's going to lead to, her giving him her love? Did she think even for a moment that she will cry today, not because of him, but for him? Did she think that suddenly she would want to shower on him, all her affection? Did she think for tonight she would hate herself for hating him? Did she think tonight will be... the night?