Tigerstar's Death Entry ~Silvermask

As I walked up to Fourtrees with Scourge and BloodClan, I wondered how Sasha was doing. I haven't seen her since that night, when she said she didn't want to join ShadowClan. A loud yowl from Scourge interrupted my thoughts. We were at the edge of the clearing and Scourge was glaring down at Firestar. Why does he hate him so much? I asked myself. He barely even knows him! We ran down the slope to meet the other four Clans as they faced Scourge.

"So, your answer?" Scourge growled. Then Firestar stepped forward.

"We will not back down!" he hissed. "We will stay in the forest, even if it's the last thing we do!"

"Fine!" Scourge snarled next to me. "We will kill you, then! BloodClan, attack!" he yowled as he lunged forward. The BloodClan cats and I were about to leap into battle when Firestar stepped up, panic dancing in his green eyes.

"Stop!" he yowled. "Is this how you want to die? Scourge," he added, turning to the tiny, black cat. "Why do you trust Tigerstar?"

"Why not?" Scourge asked. Firestar merely blinked.

"Tigerstar's past isn't the best." he meowed grimly, glancing at me. I glared at him, remembering how I vowed to kill him one day. Today is the day. I told myself. Firestar went on. "He killed ThunderClan's deputy, Redtail, just before I came into the forest. Ravenpaw, his apprentice at the time, saw everything." I remembered for the millionth time my apprentice, and saw him at the front of the crowd next to Dustpelt. I scowled at him. "Then, after not becoming deputy as he hoped, Lionheart, the deputy after Redtail, got killed in a battle against ShadowClan. Finally he achieved his ambition. But that was not enough. He led some rogues from ShadowClan on an attack in our camp, trying to trick us and keep us busy so he could kill Bluestar. I caught him during the battle in Bluestar's den, trying to kill her." Firestar paused and took a deep breath. I crouched, ready to spring at him. "I attacked him, and Bluestar exiled him, making me deputy. Then he got a dog pack to kill us, feeding them rabbits and killing Brindleface, one of our queens, to give them a taste of cat. We led the dogs away from the camp, me almost getting killed as we did. If it wasn't for Bluestar I would've died. Then, after finding out Mistyfoot's and Stonefur's half-Clan heritage, he took control of RiverClan as well as ShadowClan, and called themselves TigerClan. WindClan and ThunderClan teamed up to defeat them as LionClan. And now, we're here." I lashed my tail, and was about to finally spring when Scourge stepped in my path.

"You told me about the dog pack." he said. "You did not tell me you failed."

"Why should I have to?" I asked. Scourge's green eyes burned into my pelt. Just like Firestar. I thought suspiciously.

"Because you tricked me into trusting you." Scourge snarled. "Now, I will kill you myself!" He leaped at me, pinning me to the ground with his dog-tooth claws. I struggled under his weight despite my larger size. He raked his claws across my belly, pain soaring through me as he did so. Suddenly the world went black. I woke up in a gloomy clearing, feeling strangely free as some dark pelted cats flew past me. A deep, loud voice boomed through the forest.

"Tigerstar." the cat said. "You are losing your first life. Be prepared to lose more and join the Dark Forest." Then the vision vanished, and I woke up in the clearing. All the cats were staring at me. I saw Firestar staring at me, his jaws gaping in astonishment and his eyes sparkling in pity.

"I don't want your pity, kittypet!" I spat. Scourge leaped on me again.

"Don't ever mock kittypets!" he snarled. He raked his claws once again across my belly. Firestar's eyes widened and he breathed out four barely audible words.

"That's his ninth life!" he whispered. Last life? I thought in confusion. How is that possible? Before I had any time to think anything else darkness washed over me.

"No!" I yowled, writhing where I lay. "Darkness! There's darkness everywhere!" Then Brokenstar's face appeared in front of him.

"Welcome, fellow Clanmate." he laughed. Then a dark path appeared in front of me and I followed it, into the darkness that has forever shadowed my path.